Rogers St. at ORU

theeagleman5

Well....this should be a win and hopefully a better performance by the Good Guys at home tonight.....TheEagleman would like to see us take the ball inside more......can't say I know anything about Rogers St. but let's call it ORU 89  Rogers St. 69.....:circle-logoi:

Rogers St. played the Eagles tough last year and they most likely are excited to play a D1 team that is their neighbor in location.  Does ORU have an inside game?  Without Lufile maybe Clover can step up and be that inside presence as the year goes on. ORU just has a bunch of guys that live and die by the three point shot (even K.O.).  Hopefully I am wrong but guessing the Eagles will put up 30 or more three's almost every night.

Well that was pretty fun to watch! Pretty sure everyone who dressed, scored!

My bad, Alexandre did not score...but he looked good.

Give Lovvron the game ball!  He is the best shooting walk=on the Eagles have had in quite some time.  It looked like Bergens, Lufile, and Ishamel Petel (maybe misspelled) were all in sweatsuits.  So they must be battling some injuries.  Good to see DJ have a solid game and look for him to continue to improve as the year goes on.  Glasper showed that he can score in a variety of ways and is probaly better at the shooting guard position.  Seems like Max is playing mainly point guard.  Up and down game but ORU finshed strong.

A 93-63 win over Rogers St. not too shabby....18 for Obanor and 17 for Max...didnt see the game but had to be better than Mizzou. Looking forward to Wichita State next week for a gauge on if we can compete with a decent mid major. 🏀😁🏀 

my thoughts 

- Max Abmas was head and shoulders ahead of everyone on the court. Has the highest IQ  of everyone (maybe including those on the bench) and should have the ball run through him every possession. 

- I came in without a mask (lost my last one that I had) and was told I could not enter and they did not have any  masks to provide. ORU is the first place I've been to since March that had a mask requirement, yet could not provide one. Blew my mind. Total bush league. 

- Can't believe we still have the whoop whoop announcer. 

- KO got manhandled by their big guy (#34 I think) several times. Defensively, he is not a viable option at center. I don't mind playing small ball on the offensive side, but that only works if you've got the right utility pieces to guard multiple positions on the other end of the floor. Not sure we have that. 

- I am excited to see how things turn out with the 3 ball this year. Our shooters are far better than we've had in the past. We'll see.

- Overall, mildly optimistic about the product on the court. Incredibly disappointed at the product in the arena. Yikes.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

The frustration I am feeling right now toward this coaching staff and this athletic program is palpable; rendering me more a detached critic than passionate fan.

And I hate that.

So, I'm going to take a pause to collect my thoughts for a more measured dissertation in a few weeks; in the hopes that my enthusiasm rises as my blood pressure drops.

Y'all have fun now, you hear?

Really need Lufile back or some other guys to step up on the glass.

Shooting almost 45% from three against Rogers State is fools gold. I don't see that being replicated against D1 opponents especially in the Summit where opposition coaching is pretty good. The biggest problem in my opinion is the volume of quick threes ORU seems to be settling for early in the shot clock. You can get those shots anytime.

• Upvote 1

It just shows how big of a loss Eman was (told you he was top 20 all time, lol).  K.O. did post up a few times last night and Clover had a nice defensive performance but his offense game is a work in progress.  Coach recurited a lot of shooters that fire up threes.  It should not suprise us, we knew months ago that the Eagles would be a high scoring three point shooting team.  The Summit League has been a good three point shooting conference and Mills just found guys to try and match that.  

2 hours ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

Shooting almost 45% from three against Rogers State is fools gold. I don't see that being replicated against D1 opponents especially in the Summit where opposition coaching is pretty good. The biggest problem in my opinion is the volume of quick threes ORU seems to be settling for early in the shot clock. You can get those shots anytime.

Agreed. I am open to the move to a more 3-point heavy offense. But so much of what we were throwing up last night were these weird, pull-up off the dribble from 3-4 feet beyond the ark with 20+ seconds left in the shot clock. We don't have any Steph Curry's who can pull that off. 

Thompson, Stephens, Glasper, and Jurgens all penetrate pretty well and look to kick back out to the perimeter. I am on board with putting up a three in that situation. 

I watched about 5 minutes of the game in the second half. I saw Obanor get absolutely abused by the RSU center. I think they scored on 4 straight possessions; once a wide open pick & roll where Obanor just lost his man and the other three where the guy got the ball down low, faked right and went to his left for a layup... I can kinda see once - but 3 straight times? Obanor looked really weak in the post and couldn’t guard a simple post move. Luckily no one else will do that to him this year - /s

We went to the game.  I'm trying to not speak all negatives.  The popcorn was good.  The walk-on can shoot the 3.

We turned on a sound meter and it was over 100db several times, averaging over 80db.  It is MISERABLE!  I've mentioned it over the years to no avail.  It's even worse with so few people in attendance. I guess I will invest in some headphones or earplugs.  And it won't be a bad thing because I don't care for the announcer either.  

• Like 1

It was way too loud.  You cannot even have a conversation with the person right next to you during a timeout or at halftime and yes the announcer has a great voice but his style leaves much to be desired.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, MrsSmith said:

We turned on a sound meter and it was over 100db several times, averaging over 80db.  It is MISERABLE!  I've mentioned it over the years to no avail.  It's even worse with so few people in attendance. I guess I will invest in some headphones or earplugs.  And it won't be a bad thing because I don't care for the announcer either.  

Interesting article on this subject: Get loud, go deaf? Noise levels in arenas can cause harm 

"While the effect of noise exposures over the course of an NBA season is not well-studied, one study at Murray State examined the average and peak noise levels expected in their sold-out midsize NCAA basketball arena. The results from this three-game study showed peak noise level of greater than 130 db in each of the three games."

"This noise level corresponds to a sound somewhere between an ambulance siren and a jet engine taking off. Furthermore, of the 15 fans surveyed, one-third experienced noise levels higher than Occupational Safety and Health Administration criteria for hazardous conditions over an 8-hour average (8-hour average greater than 85 db)."

• Like 1

On 11/28/2020 at 10:45 PM, EagleManiac said:

Can't believe we still have the whoop whoop announcer. 

The "whoop-whoop" announcer? LOL! 

You mean, you don't enjoy someone screaming at you the entire game and screeching EAGLE BALL when a random loose ball trickles out of bounds? 🤣

• Thanks 1