Div-I Men's Basketball Coaching Changes

ORUProf

Reports indicate that Calapari is getting ready to leave Memphis for North Carolina State..... for a cool $2 million a year. And a chance to coach in the ACC.

I knew the ACC would be too good for him to pass up. If he can bring in the kind of athletes that he brought into Memphis, NC State will be an elite program in the ACC again. It won't be easy with Jordan and Grant Hill gving these kids calls on behalf of their programs, but then again Calipari doesn't look at the other names on unis, just bodies :lol: .

Where is EV? I wonder what his take on this is? How will this affect Memphis in the long term? (I think in the short term, they are okay as long as the players stay. In fact they might be better; I have never been sold on Calipari as a bench coach. He is a great recruiter though.)

If he takes the NC State job, he better become a great bench coach fast. Athletes will only take you so far in the ACC before you are exposed and embarassed on a nightly basis. If you're right, Terry, that would be really bad for NC State.

but then again Calipari doesn't look at the other names on unis, just bodies :lol: .

Probably one of the best/worst sports quotes of all time. Right up there with Sheed's "Both teams played hard."

Andy Katz reported late tonight that Jeff Capel (played at Duke and has been coaching at Va. Commonwealth) is going to be taking over at OU.

FYI, Blevins called this one about two days after Sampson left for Indiana.

I, along with most Memphians, are sick of Calipari's 'schtick'. This is an annual occurence. He needs to go ahead and go, or stop flirting with everyone else.