It's Mike Davis at UAB

vcboy2000

Seems like a good hire for them. Mike Davis brings in a high profile at least. Did somebody snatch up their old coach I didn't even think they were looking?

Mike Anderson (former TU player and assistant coach with Nolan Richardson at Arkansas) left for the Missouri job several weeks ago. He jumped too soon.... Missouri is a very dysfunctional place; the athletic department is at war with itself. Their are factions still loyal to Norm Stewart (old Mizzu coach) and those who are not. It is very strange. Anderson should have waited because he would have been a natural for the Oklahoma job. In fact, if I was Joe C. at OU I would be trying to talk Anderson into making a move. Not sure how that would be taken given that Mizzu is a fellow member of the Big 12.

I'm sure that Oklahoma fans probably think they can lure Krzyzewski away from Duke.

lol, yeah, as if the OU job would be more appealing to him than the L.A. Lakers gig he was offered.

How I ever disliked A&M more than OU is beyond me...the mere mention of that university makes me shutter.

It will be interesting to see what kind of style that Davis uses at UAB. Anderson recruited kids who liked (and want) to run... the team is built around that style. The fans have also become used to an uptempo type of game. If he changes, it may take a transition period until he brings his type of kids into the system in order for him to be successful. The same is true for Anderson at Mizzu.... not sure they recruited kids for the full court type of game he likes to run.

It would seems like the athletic department would take style of play into consideration before hiring Davis. Who knows. They might have forgotten. Oops!

Something a lot of people aren't talking about on here is the number of recruits that are out in limbo over all the coaching changes. I think Rivals reported about 9 players requesting to be released of their NLOI because of the coaching changes.

I was not aware that Mike Davis played at TU. I know for sure he played at Alabama...

I was not aware that Mike Davis played at TU. I know for sure he played at Alabama...

Anderson played at TU under Nolan Richardson. That's why he plays the uptempo style. Davis will have an easier time recruiting in the south. Northern athletes just aren't as gifted as the southern. Anderson has a tough road in front of him. The positive is that Missouri will be happy with any improvement.

Looks like the Alabama native knows what he's talking about . . .

(From Davis bio on UAB website)

Davis' coaching tenure with Alabama marked his return to the Crimson Tide. The Fayette, Ala., native spent his collegiate-playing career with the Tide after earning the state's Mr. Basketball honor and All-America status in 1979.

He was a standout for four seasons at Alabama and finished his career in the Top 25 on the Crimson Tide's all-time scoring list with 1,211 points. In his first season, he played for the legendary C.M. Newton and then spent his final three years playing under coaching legend, Wimp Sanderson. He averaged 10.1 points per game for his career and ranks third all-time on the school's steals list with 165.

During his four seasons at Alabama, the Crimson Tide posted an 80-42 record and advanced to two NIT and two NCAA Tournaments. He won Alabama's Hustle Award all four of his seasons in Tuscaloosa and was named to the Southeastern Conference's All-Defensive team his senior year.