BIG Turnout Needed Thursday at Bartlett Square

Guest EagleBackr

Guest EagleBackr

...not sure who thought it would be a good idea to have teams from ORU and TU sharing the stage, with their respective fans elbow-to-elbow in the crowd for Thursday's Bartlett Square festivities. But, it is what it is, so we need to turn out EN MASSE to honor our boys. Can't afford to let the TU fans outnumber us - time to represent!! This is an opportunity for EVERY FAN who claims they don't get enough recognition (Manaics?) to show up and be seen/heard. All the players and coaches are going to be there - ARE YOU?!? :?:

Rats.... I have a business trip planned and will be somewhere in western Kansas when the event takes place. I agree - everyone who is in town should be downtown on Thursday to cheer on our team. Let's show the men's team how much we appreciate them.

I'll be there. That is the first day of College Weekenders. It would be great to dress them all in ORU garb and bring them along too!

I'm confused about the fact that their will be pep bands there. No one has contacted me, so I don't think the ORU pep band will be there. Does that mean that only the TU pep band will be there?

Pep bands, cheer squads and mascots will be present to entertain supporters and join Mayor Bill LaFortune....

This is from the press release.... sounds like someone's pep band will be there. Maybe the TSC rented the Central High School band like Chicago State did.

Won't it be kind of sad for Mayor Lafortune to be there if he loses tomorrow.

What is going on at Bartlett Square? What time is it going on? We have elections that night for next year... I don't even know what's happening, anyone want to let me in on the info?

Tulsa Metro Chamber to Honor Men's Basketball on April 6

03/31/2006 press release

\

TULSA?The Tulsa Metro Chamber of Commerce will honor Oral Roberts University men's basketball team in a special celebration on Thursday, April 6 at Bartlett Square, beginning at 11:45 a.m.

The Golden Eagles are being recognized after capturing both the Mid-Continent Conference regular-season and tournament championships and advancing to the NCAA Tournament earlier this month. The University of Tulsa women's basketball team, which achieved the same feats in Conference USA, will also be honored.

Leaders from the Tulsa Sports Commission, Tulsa Metro Chamber and the City of Tulsa will be on hand as part of the city-wide celebration.

Both teams represented our city and community with distinction," said Mike Dodson, Executive Director of the Tulsa Sports Commission. "It is a privilege to honor these teams for their successful seasons and the positive feeling their championships have created for the community."

ORU head coach Scott Sutton and members of the Golden Eagles will be on hand.For more information, contact the Tulsa Sports Commission at (918) 560-0273.

--ORU--

This is an opportunity for EVERY FAN who claims they don't get enough recognition (Manaics?) to show up and be seen/heard.

How are we supposed to be there if it is in the middle of the schoolday?

How are we supposed to be there if it is in the middle of the schoolday?

You've got business people planning this thing for the city and they may have been trying to complement the Tulsa 66ers festivities that day too.

I will be down there since I'm out and about with my work as it goes! Hope to see many of you down there!

Won't it be kind of sad for Mayor Lafortune to be there if he loses tomorrow.
It looks like it will be sad. I finally got to talk to him and seat him at the Gaither concert and now hes out.

I wonder if the whole Beene issue hurt the Mayor in the election???