Memphis perspective

oruvoice

Here is an e-mail from a buddy of mine in Memphis. He is a Tiger fan, a high school football referee, and has been in locker rooms for 20 plus years, working at the Liberty Bowl Stadium, the Pyramid, and the Fed-Ex Forum........

"Cal knows he is in a good situation here. He can win, has no pressure comparitively speaking, and is making mucho dinero. He likes to have his name out, but that is all there ever is to it. From my inside sources I hear that calipari's goal is to coach here for 5-8 more years, hopefully win a title, and then have one more run in the nba to make a lot of money before he retires. Not to say that if one of the top 5 or so elite programs gave him a job that he wouldn't consider it, but it would have to be a

very sweet pot. Also, cal is a good coach in many ways, but if we make a good hire we should still be a top 20 program nearly every year.

Talking about style, sampson's stlye is snooseville, all the way down to the denim shirt.

I was in the locker room when he made gave his pregame pep talk in ncaa back in 95 right before they lost to Manhattan in the opening round. It was the worst pregame speech I have ever heard."