Jacks vs. Golden Eagles

theeagleman5

1 minute ago, ORUPucks said:

NO HEART and NO D

No skill or toughness either. 

For all intents and purposes, this game is over at the 7:54 mark. We look like we don't know how to make a basket.

Geez....total blowout...TheEagleman is stunned....😯

I’m sorry, but I don’t see what others do in Fuqua.  He’s a NAIA player at best.   Mills loves him for some reason

4 minutes ago, EagleFan21 said:

I’m sorry, but I don’t see what others do in Fuqua.  He’s a NAIA player at best.   Mills loves him for some reason

I think that could be said about the entire team tonight.  And coaching staff

Worst home loss in a quite some time....ORU not even competitive in the first half....I guess Coach Mills failed to show for his post game interview.....BOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!….😡

Fuqua plays with heart, has a quick drive to the basket that can score against lesser teams and he does get an occasional steal.  He is a D1 level player.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

SDSU packed the defense down low and we couldn’t make open 3s when we needed to so that made it tougher for our guys to score down low.

However, even though SDSU is a decent team, they aren’t Duke or Kansas.  We settled too much for the 3 point shot and when they weren’t falling, it got out of hand.  They will need to focus more on drives to the basket and the post up game.    

Too bad Weaver is out for the year, he might have helped us tonight.  Also, I would like to see Francis Lacis play more.  He is a taller player who can fill the 3 role who can defend taller guards.  Fuqua had a tough matchup at times tonight having to sometimes guard a player 6-8 inches taller than him.  I thought he did as best as could be expected in those situations.

Just seems like ORU takes one step forward and then two steps back.

I guess a positive is that the remaining conference schedule is favorable with more home games...it’s gotta start with beating Denver on Saturday.

I don’t think Mills is the coach to take ORU back to competing for the Summit League title.   His teams are just terrible on D...in their last 8 games all opponents have shot over 40% from the field,  4 of those games opponents have shot over 50%, with one even shooting over 60%....just way too many easy looks.   Have also been out rebounded in 5 of their last 8.   This team doesn’t move on offense but is a terrible shooting team and Summit league knows this....Fails to use Obanor properly, has given Abmas the green light from anywhere and fails to make adjustments....They had a chance to move within a half game of first and we got this performance tonight.  33% from the field and 24% from 3... 

Much like the South Dakota game, ORU was down 4 at 13 minute mark and then at 8:45 mark they are down 21. Game over because of that four minute stretch of 21-4 for the Jackrabbits.  How does K.O. score 0 and grab 3 rebounds? He was voted first team all conference. Just like the first game agaisnt SDSU, a real head scratcher. Golden Eagles now 1-10 agasint Jakrabbits, who obviously have our number. Ouch!

I'm not smart enough to know what's wrong or how to fix things, but it sure feels like ORU should be better w/the best big man tandem in the league, 2 senior guards, and a promising young scorer in Abmas.

This really felt like a must win as Dr C mentioned a few days ago.  To log on and check the score and message board to find out they once again did not even compete against an SDSU team sans Daum and Jenkins is pretty disheartening. 

Well, there's always baseball season........

Terrible night for this team to lay an egg.  Most important home game of the season - and the shots won’t fall (partially due to shot selection).  Only stayed in the game due to forcing turnovers in the first half, which stopped at halftime.  The ramifications for the season and the tourney are HUGE.  😩

WHAT IS WRONG WITH OBANOR?????.....He has been virtually invisible all season......😬:k_obanor:😬

Drove an hour to the game and an hour home.  Sometimes this drive is worth it when you see good competitive basketball, even in a loss.  Last night was a long drive home trying to figure out what happened.  At one point while watching the game, I thought SDSU was just better than us.  They executed better & were better coached.  However, as a Eagle fan, I don't want to accept that.  So, did we just have an off night shooting-wise? Are we just not as talented? Are we being out-coached, out-recruited, the wrong organizational culture?  I thinks it's fair in Mills' third year to ask these questions and expect answers.

I saw Mills get his first technical last night arguing a no-call for over-the-back as Fuqua attempted a defensive rebound.  It was good to see him get fired up & I thought maybe he did it to fire his team up, but unfortunately, it had the exact opposite effect.  We collapsed down the stretch.  I don't see enough mental toughness on this team.  Along those lines...for the life of me, I can't figure out what's happened to Obanor.  Seems to me like it may all be in his head, but who knows. 

I think Mills doesn’t know how to use Obanor...this new offense they are running this year doesn’t put Obanor in a position to succeed.....feed him down low then let him move outside for a few touches..not the complete opposite of outside then inside