Mid-Con refs getting some big-time games

tmh8286

Last night my buddy JD Collins officiated the Villanova/Boston College game. Today I noticed that Terry Wymer, another Mid-Con ref, is working the Texas/LSU game. Wymer was one of the guys that officiated the Mid-Con Championship.

These Mid-Con refs are seeing some big time exposure in these Sweet Sixteen and Elite Eight games. I'll be watching for them in tournament games to come.

Actually we draw our officials from the same pool as the Big 10 and I believe the Mid-American Conference. The difference is that we don't get the top officials from that pool except when those conferences don't need them. That's why we get better officials during the week (or at least the better officials) during the week instead of the wekeend.

I believe this is still true. I know it used to be this way.

What you say is probably true, rlh. I think that I'd heard something like that before. The reason I call the guys "Mid-Con Refs" is because they are on the list of officials provided in the conference media guide. That same list of officials may work for those other conferences as well. I know I've read about JD Collins working the Big 10.

Guest EagleBackr
Today I noticed that Terry Wymer, another Mid-Con ref, is working the Texas/LSU game. Wymer was one of the guys that officiated the Mid-Con Championship.

Is he the tall guy with the way-too-perfect-country-music hair? Looks like Charlie Rich without the sideburns?