ORU vs. Rogers State

Old Titan

Pretty sure Miller did the leaving of his own accord, following some missed practices for personal reasons, if I recall.

I have asked the same question as Old Titan  Why is "A-B-M-A-S" pronounced "AZ-muss"?  

I'm still not loving the announcer.  I'd love to have ORU Voice back!!

Moses' costume was not a good look.  Also, I laughed so hard during the ball catching contest where he asked each contestant how many balls they had.   After he looked into their pants, they both had 2.

And I agree 2000% about the volume.  I can't even hear myself.  It is seriously a problem.  I don't know if I can bring my grandson with that level of noise.

1 hour ago, MrsSmith said:

I have asked the same question as Old Titan  Why is "A-B-M-A-S" pronounced "AZ-muss"?  

I'm still not loving the announcer.  I'd love to have ORU Voice back!!

Moses' costume was not a good look.  Also, I laughed so hard during the ball catching contest where he asked each contestant how many balls they had.   After he looked into their pants, they both had 2.

And I agree 2000% about the volume.  I can't even hear myself.  It is seriously a problem.  I don't know if I can bring my grandson with that level of noise.

MrsSmith ON FIRE tonight!! 🤣😂

The PA system is way too loud.  The PA guy is very annoying and is probably motivating the opposing team!  Also, the KISS cam needs to be discontinued!  

BRING BACK ORUVOICE!!!!!!!!!😍

2 hours ago, BBallFan said:

The PA system is way too loud.  The PA guy is very annoying and is probably motivating the opposing team!  Also, the KISS cam needs to be discontinued!  

I like the kiss cam. 

Sadly, though, when there’s only a 1000 people in the building, you see some of the same couples throughout the course of the season.

It’s kinda like watching old episodes of “The Newlywed Game” when the couples get the answer right:  the same little peck, over and over again...

Animated GIF

A positive observation from Tuesday night:  I think the new scoreboard is really cool.  They seem to have worked out some technical glitches from the Houston Baptist game, and I'm getting familiar with where all the info is nested on the board.

I find myself fascinated by the shooting percentages, and the turnovers.  Plus, it's great to have the players' names up there for reference with their stats, and not just their jersey number, particularly when it comes to the opposing players. 

Lots of info up there at a glance - good stuff! 👏

• 1 month later...
On 11/22/2019 at 9:30 AM, Old Titan said:

A positive observation from Tuesday night:  I think the new scoreboard is really cool.  They seem to have worked out some technical glitches from the Houston Baptist game, and I'm getting familiar with where all the info is nested on the board.

I find myself fascinated by the shooting percentages, and the turnovers.  Plus, it's great to have the players' names up there for reference with their stats, and not just their jersey number, particularly when it comes to the opposing players. 

Lots of info up there at a glance - good stuff! 👏

The Scoreboard is cool, but often not up to date.  Still working out the kinks I guess.

Unfortunately the sound issue has not improved even though numerous staff members say they will look into it.  I have a headache at the end of the evening from screaming at the person sitting right next to me.  😞  Not fun!