Move the Maniacs

ORUBlue

I would like to see the 2 sections behind the visitor's team have the first 5 rows be the Maniacs! They stand up the whole game and would be a real distraction. It seems like there is a rule about the first 2 rows being visting family, but other than that, let the Maniacs get in their heads!!

Also I would like to see a survey of season ticket holders and give them the option, if they like to stand up & get loud, to sit in those same 2 sections.

Before you say it CAN'T BE DONE.....

When we played UMKC our seats were right in front of the pep band with the boosters all the way around us. It was like being surrounded by a few hundred Mrs. Watsons.

Other schools are glad to provide a HOME COURT ADVANTAGE for their team.

Haha, that reminds me of Mama Watson's last game at the Mabee Center... She got into a spat with one of the Blue Crew guys, and her son had to come over to help her out.

Yeah, mom, do you remember where the courtesy seats were for ORU at SMS? Same deal - sandwiched between their very loud pep band and their season ticket holders. I thought it was almost rude to treat "guests" like that. They were seats that they would have had a hard time selling because of the location of the band - so they "gave" them to the visiting team.

or at least move us to the other side of the ramp. The problem is that administration is very worried about being christian. They stress to me all the time, off of them (other team) on us. I am talking about the school admin, not the athletic dept. I agree though with whats being said... I think we could be way more effective if we were closer to the other teams bench.

or at least move us to the other side of the ramp. The problem is that administration is very worried about being christian. They stress to me all the time, off of them (other team) on us. I am talking about the school admin, not the athletic dept. I agree though with whats being said... I think we could be way more effective if we were closer to the other teams bench.

Maybe it has something to do with trying to get the opposing players to pose for camera shots during timeouts, as I witnessed last year during the women's game against VU.

Maybe it has something to do with trying to get the opposing players to pose for camera shots during timeouts, as I witnessed last year during the women's game against VU.

Please clarify for me, Stl VU Fan, were the Maniacs trying to get a VU women's player to pose for a pic during a time out?

If that happened when the Maniacs were in their present location, I think that's kind of funny. A player could, should and would ignore them, just like they would during a free throw.

However, if a GROUP of Maniacs was directly behind the opposing bench and sought to disrupt a team's discussion during a time out under the ruse of taking a picture, that would probably be over the top. In fact, I can think of certain women's coaches in the league that would probably launch into the stands and take by force any cameras that might be a potential threat to their team!

I don't think that that would ever happen if the Maniacs were moved. The guidelines for their behavior would be altered accordingly, I am sure.

they still doing Blue Crew?

Gosh I hope not... It's just a matter of time before the L.A. Dodgers sue them to make them change their name.

Please clarify for me, Stl VU Fan, were the Maniacs trying to get a VU women's player to pose for a pic during a time out?

I think :?:o that's exactly what I said, though I can't be 100% certain they were maniacs.

If that happened when the Maniacs were in their present location, I think that's kind of funny. A player could, should and would ignore them, just like they would during a free throw.

They came over from their location across the way, and they kept shouting at the players. One of our managers yelled at them, and I think a Mabee Center usher came over and shooed them away.

However, if a GROUP of Maniacs was directly behind the opposing bench and sought to disrupt a team's discussion during a time out under the ruse of taking a picture, that would probably be over the top. In fact, I can think of certain women's coaches in the league that would probably launch into the stands and take by force any cameras that might be a potential threat to their team!

You mean the lovely and talented Ms. Crane :?::wink:

I don't think that that would ever happen if the Maniacs were moved. The guidelines for their behavior would be altered accordingly, I am sure.

I agree.