Locking "Mid-Con Letter" Thread Wrong

Guest EagleBackr

Guest EagleBackr

...Doc C, not sure it was right to take a pretty broad swipe at the Lutheran church and then lock the thread before anyone else could respond to it. In fairness, either unlock the thread for equal time or edit your post. Besides, I never got a chance to weigh in and further alienate both sides with the following:

1. The reason the Mid-Con hasn't responded to Rick's original e-mail is:

a.) it's so long and confusing they're still reading it, and

b.) it's stupid.

2. Even if ORU's men and women's teams lose in the noon games of their respective first sessions, the tournament would STILL make more money and have more attendance per session than ANY previous Mid-Con tourney sites in the history of the league, due to advanced ticket sales.

3. Rick, you want to write a letter to someone trying to get something meaningful done? Then write it to your AD suggesting you guys hook up with some amateur sports commission or chamber of commerce in Chicago, St. Louis, Kansas City, Springfield (Missouri or Illinois), etc. and GO BID FOR THE DANG THING!! That's what ORU did. Has nothing to do with Christian ethics, morality, politics, or the Zodiac. Deal with it.

4. Word of advice: if you are part of the presentation team for your tournament bid, be sure to wear the OTHER sickly yellow Valpo t-shirt that you own. You know, the one with the chili dog stains instead of the tears in the armpits...

so cold...you truly are heartless, backr. :lol:

Valprick just needs to lay off of the Christian bashing, which every recent thread of his he ends up doing. If he would just lay off of it the thread wouldn't have been locked up, so don't blame Dr. C. for it, blame Vprick.

Valprick just needs to lay off of the Christian bashing, which every recent thread of his he ends up doing. If he would just lay off of it the thread wouldn't have been locked up, so don't blame Dr. C. for it, blame Vprick.

I'm sorry, but as a Lutheran, I particularly object to Dr. C's quite unfounded accusation against the Lutheran church followed by locking the thread before anybbody could respond. The Lutheran church has never taught anti-semitism. A very high placed Lutheran figure may have been guilty of it in his old age, but that's a far cry from blaming Lutheran theology for anti-semitism, a charge that is patently false.

As for supporting Israel, the largest Lutheran denomination in the world regularly criticizes the policies of the State of Israel. Lutheran church's are not all alike, Dr. C.

Folks, I think you are wrong about Rick's intentions. His opinions about your so-called "Un-Christlike" behavior are open to debate, but I firmly believe he is sincere in his intentions and this is NOT the product of sour grapes.

I would have responded to one of oruvoice's posts directly, that is if the thread had not been locked, so I'll have to do it here.

I am STILL not (as I have never been in the past) sold on this accusation that the Mid-Con office hoodwinked the TSC. I have seen no evidence to back up the claim, and I still believe that someone at the TSC heard what they wanted to hear.

Sorry, voice, I loves ya, but I'm still not buying this one.

On one hand...I could jump into the debate...on the other...I could first stand back and consider...

"What would Joey Odom Do?"

The answer suddenly becomes very clear...I'm going to bed.

You can think what you want, my friend. But, I am good friends with the individual that put the bid together for the TSC. I spoke with him frequently during the process and afterwards.

It is a fact.

On one hand...I could jump into the debate...on the other...I could first stand back and consider...

"What would Joey Odom Do?"

The answer suddenly becomes very clear...I'm going to bed.

He would indeed... he would indeed...

You are forgetting the major factor in all of this, and that is the President's council, who ultimately makes all the decisions. The AD's reccommend, the coaches gripe, but the President's make the final determination.

As far as the ill-fated first bid from ORU, no one hoodwinked anyone. It was simply decided by the PRESIDENTS (although I'm sure the athletic types had some input) that the tournament would not be played on a participating schools floor. IF (and I doubt it) Jon Steinbrecher indicated to the TSC that they could bid the Mabee Center and get the bid, then he mispoke. My gut tells me that's not what happened. It was probably more like, make your best bid and submit it. Knowing Dr. Steinbrecher, he was very good at not committing either way on topics. Suggesting that the TSC submit their bid however they felt it would be best sounds more like his style.

I'm not sure what all the hubbub is about. You have the tournament for the next two years, you run a FIRST CLASS tournament, and I enjoy seeing my ORU friends during the tournament. I prefer, as I've stated many times, to have the first couple of round at least on the higher seeds court, but since that isn't going to happen, Tulsa is a reasonable alternative until there is another bid that makes sense. I doubt that that is going to happen anytime soon, as we just don't draw enough attendance at other sites. Even in KC, we couldn't draw and the home team was involved there too.

All this would go away if Valpo would just have a good team again for a few years...

...guess it's not gonna go away!

I'm not sure what all the hubbub is about. You have the tournament for the next two years, you run a FIRST CLASS tournament, and I enjoy seeing my ORU friends during the tournament. I prefer, as I've stated many times, to have the first couple of round at least on the higher seeds court, but since that isn't going to happen, Tulsa is a reasonable alternative until there is another bid that makes sense. I doubt that that is going to happen anytime soon, as we just don't draw enough attendance at other sites. Even in KC, we couldn't draw and the home team was involved there too.

All the hubbub is because you are EXACTLY right, everyone here knows it, and Rick refuses to accept it.

All the hubbub is because you are EXACTLY right, everyone here knows it, and Rick refuses to accept it.

And there's really nothing wrong with that. He is spending most of his energy on encouraging a better alternative. It may be a lost cause, but that's his call.

Actually, voice is the one that brought up the Mabee bid issue. I think it was somewhat relevant to what we were talking about, but I wouldn't call that tangent a Hubbub per se.

It is enough for me that Mr. Roberts has not publicly, as far as I know and correct me if I'm wrong, reclused himself from his conflict of interest as a member of the Tulsa Sports Commission. Nor has he publicly, correct me if I'm wrong, stated that he does not desire to have the tournament in Tulsa because that would give ORU an unfair advantage. If he was any kind of man or a Christian acting with principles, he would have already done so.

For future reference, it is Dr. Richard Roberts not Mr.

For future reference, it is Dr. Richard Roberts not Mr.

Uh-oh. Now you're going to open a brand new can of worms.