ORU Coaches Show on Tuesday

ORUTerry

Final Coaches Show for the 2005-2006 basketball season will be tomorrow, Tuesday, March 21, 6:00 - 7:00 pm at Pepper's Grill on the northeast corner of Delaware and 91st Street.

Beginning Monday, March 27, the Coaches Show will feature ORU baseball and be every Monday night throughout baseball season.

ORU Golden Eagles baseball host Wichita State Shockers tomorrow night, Tuesday, March 21, at 7:00 pm at J. L. Johnson Stadium.

So what you're saying is that we can go to the coaches show at 6pm and then go to the baseball game at 7pm? :lol:

ORU Golden Eagles home game vs. Wichita State Shockers scheduled for tomorrow, Tuesday, March 21, has been cancelled due to heavy rains that have caused the field to be too soaked for play.

Join ORU fans at Pepper's Grill at 91st/Delaware for the final basketball Coaches Show for the 2005-2006 season tomorrow night, March 21, from 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm.

Post any questions or comments you might have for Coach Sutton here.... or better yet, go to Peppers at 91st and Deleware - or call into the show at 460-1430.

The only problem with them having it at Peppers is that Sutton sits over on the side in the small section and if you don't get a table right near him you can't hear a word that they are saying. They need to switch sides and put Sutton in the middle of the larger section so everyone can get around them and actually hear what they are saying. I went one time and ended up on the far side as close as I could get and never heard a word they said, it was really disappointing and I haven't been back yet.

Guest Mount Baldy

I was there a few weeks ago and they got some large speakers that makes it possible for people to hear even if they're several tables away from Coach Sutton. The speakers are a little scratchy but you can still hear what he's saying. I wish I could go tonight but I guess Coach Walton will take over next week so the show will continue for a while.

They really got speakers huh, that is very nice. The day I went they had nothing at all, only way you could hear was if you could hear their voices and Sutton is soft spoken. Now that they have speakers then it might be worth going. Guess I have to wait until next season though.

Doc C is working to put the show on the web site. Sutton said he was proud of the team's performance in the Memphis game. Said that Memphis is a great team and very athletic. Was pleased by the amount of publicity that ORU received; thought it would help in recruiting in the future.

Sutton discussed the three red-shirt players on campus and the three recruits signed in the Fall. He said Liberty will be a special player; athletic point guard who is 6'2" and can guard. Marquis Gaines is a combo-guard who can also play point guard; has nice athleticism. Briefly mentioned Jordan as someone who will back-up Liberty. Shawn King is an athletic 6'11" player who will provide a presence in the middle; has averaged 20 pts/13 rebounds/7 blocks. Hazell will provide athleticism along with shooting ability. (Said that Larry Owens will be very hard to replace because of his versatility.)

Just an FYI. The speakers still were not very good especially with Coach Sutton , Larry and Tutt. My wife and I did enjoy talking to Coach Sutton, Larry and Ken. Coach answered my question of replacing Larry. This is going to be hard to do and if DarrenJ is right we are going after another big man to back up King and a wing player. I did ask Ken if we are doing any good recruiting in Texas and he just laughed. However, I bet we are having more favor with recruits now that we have had such a great run in Dallas against Memphis. :wink:

NJCAA REGION II Men All Region First Team:

Robert Lee, Seminole.

Albert Weber, Connors.

Sonny Weems, UA?Fort Smith.

Nolan Richardson, NOC-Enid.

Shawn King, Carl Albert.

kingbb05.jpg

CASC center, Shawn King, surrounded by teamates as he signs with Oral Roberts.

:D

shawn06.jpg

King Tutt will have another member of Royalty joining his squad in Shawn King.

Guest EagleBackr
shawn06.jpg

King Tutt will have another member of Royalty joining his squad in Shawn King.

...and don't forget, Yemi is actually a prince of a tribe in Africa - his dad is close to the top in the line of succesion. There's a marketing campaign of some sort just waiting to be created from all this "royalty"...