Jeremy Hazel

vcboy2000

Don't know if this has been posted yet, but found this through a friend of mine. It's from a while back.

Belmont Abbey JV Lose to The Patterson School (1/18/06)

BELMONT, NC - The Belmont Abbey JV basketball team took on some of the best player in the country Wednesday as they lost to The Patterson School 104-62 . The Bulldogs feature seven players that have committed to play at NCAA Division I schools next fall and one player looking to make the jump directly to the NBA.

The Crusaders hit 20-of-67 (.299) from the field and were outrebounded 54-34 by the Bulldogs. The Abbey was led by Jonathan Jackson who scored 28 points and three steals and Chris McDowell who scored 10 points and grabbed five rebounds. DJ Williams also scored in double-figures for the team with 14 points and five assists.

Seketoure Henry (25 points), Dominique Sutton (22 points, 9 rebounds), Jeremy Hazel (12 points) and Tirell Baines (10 points, 4 rebounds) led the way for Patterson. NBA prospect Davon Jefferson was held to six points and three rebounds, but posted a couple of spectacular dunks.

The Abbey JV team is now 0-7 on the season and will return to action on Tuesday as they host Prince Avenue Prep School at 7:00pm in the Wheeler Center.

Link to box scores: http://www.abbeyathletics.com/2005-06/JBB/JBB_TPS_011806.htm

Next year in the backcourt...

Ken Tutt

Adam Liberty

Moses Ehambe

Jeremy Hazell

Dominique Gaines

Daren Jordan

Next year in the frontcourt...

Caleb Green

Marchello Vealy

Yemi Ogunye

Shawn King

Sylvester Spicer

We have a CHANCE to be very good next year. Probably better than last or this year.

That's not counting two more recruits to be signed in the next month or so....

BTW, we were trying to recruit a kid named Kelvin Sango, a 6'4" athletic guard from NEO Junior College. He played high school basketball with Caleb Green (I think he is related to Green - cousin?). I saw him play this summer in the Champions league and he looked pretty good. Have not heard much about him since. Wonder if he is concerned about playing in the shadow of his cousin - again?

I have been told that Jeremy Hazell is a cross between Larry Owens and Ken Tutt.... a 6'4" athletic player who can shoot from the perimeter. Sutton said in the Fall when Hazell sign that he thought Jeremy could come in and start as a freshman. He has not said that very much (ever?).

I heard about the NEO kid, but thought there were rumors that he was getting nods from larger schools. Didn't know we were still in the running. Having Tutt, Hazel, Ehambe, and Sango on the wings would be crazy.

I just wish we could pull another guard with height (like Larry Owens) these players make us harder to defend in the Mid-Con and could help win big games in the non conference slate.

I have also heard that Sango is getting looks from larger schools. Darrenj, what do you know about this kid?

Guest darrenjj

Have not heard about him at this point. I know looking at another juco big and also 6'7" swing high school kid from out of state. Have a lot of guards need a swing who can shoot and another big. Should have one or two spots left. Getting a lot of positive pub lately after the tourney. The people down here loved how they played against Memphis.