Wins could have helped - Tulsa World (3-19-06)

ORUTerry

Wow that is terrible!!! People on this board don't even make mistakes like that when writing a post. Do they have someone actually read the articles to see if their right. When ESPN screws up, like after we beat Arkansas in mid 90's and called our star shooting guard Tom Gill you can understand that, because they are national. For a local paper to not get facts straight and make writing errors, its just sad.

The Oakland Press' Digital Edition constantly adds extra spaces in the middle of words. I always see "five" as "fi ve". They sometimes start the article in the middle of the first paragraph, with the beginning of the paragraph coming at the very end.

Are you sure this isn't an on-line only messup?

Blue & I had the pleasure of visiting with Adam's dad at the NCAA Tournament. Adam & his family are thrilled with his move to ORU and are anxiously awaiting next season, they feel like ORU has more promise than Wichita State. We saw his younger (& larger) brother who will be playing juco ball next year.

Manuel was his name and he was a gregarious gentleman. He's excited about Adam being at ORU and said that Adam can't wait for next year. He commented how he wished that Larry & Adam could've played together so that Adam would have someone to throw the ball up around the rim! I told him that I thought Jeremy Hazell would fill that kind of player's shoes out nicely. He told me he lives in OK City and that he'll be up for each game next year.

Guest EagleBackr

Jeez, guys, I gotta be honest - I thought the coverage by the Tulsa World got better and better as the year went on, and by Mid-Con tourney time was so thorough, it was almost embarrassing. That full-foldout cover of the "March Madness" insert with Caleb, Larry, and Scott Sutton in front of the Praying Hands was OUTSTANDING! The Mid-Con coverage was head and shoulders above what we ever saw in the Quad Cities, Ft. Wayne or Kansas City papers when the tournament was there. Yeah, I saw a couple of errors along the way, too, but frankly I can live with a couple of typos here and there as long as we're getting several dozen column inches on the front page every week. At least they're talking about us!

I agree. ORU was front and center like they should have been.

I agree EV.... the coverage in Tulsa (and in DMN - front page on Friday and Saturday!) has been good. I was just pointing out the typo.