I really wish Andrew Meloy

ORUProf

had gotten in during that last minute of the Memphis game. You'd expect his six years in the ORU program would have at least earned him a "cameo" role as a senior in the NCAA tournament. What were the coaches thinking, or not thinking? I know how I would feel if I had been in his situation and not gotten to play there at the end.

I actually really liked that Sutton was not giving up down the stretch. We would hit a 3 pointer and he would call timeout then we would come out with a press trying to get the steal. I thought Sutton did a great job of coaching that game. That being said with about a minute left or so when it was over take a timeout and empty the bench, especially getting Meloy in there. I was surprised that he didn't get him in there, but I think Sutton had his mind on winning the game and not about playing time. I'm sure he feels bad about not getting him in there though.

The game was over with 2 minutes left, and Meloy should have been put in the game - very bad form not to put him in.

Guest EagleBackr
The game was over with 2 minutes left, and Meloy should have been put in the game - very bad form not to put him in.

We don't know if Andrew wanted to go in the game at that point, or not. We don't know whether Coach Sutton asked him if he wanted to go in, or not. We don't even know if his knee was good to go, or not. But I'll bet he's still glad he got to go to the NCAA's his last year. And, I'll venture to guess that trotting out to endure the last few seconds of a disappointing loss would NOT have ranked that high on his "Cool Things I Did At The 2006 NCAA Tournament" list. From what we've seen of Andrew's personality, if it was an oversight not to put him in, I'll bet he's OK with it. Shouldn't we be, also?