Is Larry NBA bound?

Ting

Has anyone heard anything about the scouts comments and impressions of Larry after yesterdays game?

More importantly, does anyone know Larry's desire for future plans? Ive never had the opportunity to talk with him, but does anyone know where God is leading him in terms of future profession?

If that Jazz scout doesnt work out for Larry, I hope he plays for the hornets next year. Id go to a game just to see him play. However, that's selfish of me wanting him to stay local. Hopefully he gets invited to a pre-draft camp and some NBA team takes liking to our LO.

I hope LO gets a chance to continue playing - most likely it will be overseas. I enjoyed watching him so much - he will really be missed.

Yeah, is that what Larry is interested in doing? Playing overseas?

I was hoping a first round win would produce wide interest in LO or even Riouse has a pure shooter.

Hopefully LO can get invited to some pre-draft camp and prove himself there.

Excerpted from: March 10, 2006

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/cheapse ... 0rant.html

? Oral Roberts, who earned a trip to the NCAA Tournament for the first time in 22 years, has a local player on the roster. Larry Owens of Mesa is averaging 13 points and eight rebounds for the Golden Eagles, and head coach Scott Sutton told Xtra Sports 910 that Owens could eventually play in the NBA. Sutton recruited Owens on a tip from Sun Devils assistant coach Brooks Thompson.

Hey, Brooks... Anymore LO's over there?

I'm not sure about NCAA restrictions, but now that the season is over Larry can seriously look at his options.

I know scouts are definitly looking at him for the NBA and the CBS statement during the tournament, that he has some of the best stats in the nation won't hurt a bit.

Larry does want to go pro and has one of the best work ethics I have seen on the college level.

Riouse has no chance, he MAY be able to play in one of the poorer leagues in Europe. Believe it or not, shooters are a dime a dozen. Larry will need a few years in Europe or the NBDL. He has the potential to be a good bench player but he need to be more consistent and develop his shot. Because of his athleticism, he could make a decent living in Europe.

ash =o)

There were scouts at the UMAC & Dallas for Larry, I would be very surprised if he isn't invited to at least 1 camp. His advantage is he isn't just a shooter, he can do it all.

Many NBA scouts also feed info to Europe. He will prolly get to a camp or two but the space is so limited, it is really a long shot.

ash =o)

Does anyone know Larry's family situation? At senior night I dont remember his parents being there since Tim Gill was walking with him. Is he married or does he have kids?

There was some website basslinespin.com that had "65 players to watch at the 06 NCAA." Larry was on it in some good company for SF. Of course Caleb was on the PF list.

I spoke with Larry at the Mid-Con send-off dinner; he is a gracious and articulate young man. He (like me) grew up in an Air Force family that involved a lot of moving. When he was in high school, his family moved to Japan and he stayed behind in Arizona to pursue basketball. I assume that his family lives far away and was not able to attend. I think it was cool that he asked Tim Gill to join him on the court during Senior Night activities.

Larry's mother lives in Arizona & came for the MidCon. She couldn't make 2 trips to Tulsa, so close together.

In addition to Tim there was another young man with Larry on Sr Night, his roommate from before he enrolled at ORU. He met Tim through his roommate and the 3 have remained close friends.

Larry was my favorite player giving deference to Caleb, Ken, JB & others. But I'm from Phoenix and I love LO's athleticism. He told me at the send-off dinner that he was looking to go to a few camps this summer and that he was interested in playing professionally! I am REALLY going to miss him as a player! This is the irritating part of college ball - you get to like players and they play well together and then, all of a sudden, they're gone! :(

I had breakfast with LO just after the mid-con loss to Oakland last year. I remember him saying that his goal was to get into the NBA developmental league and then the NBA. It has been a real pleasure watching him develop as player this year making his goals more and more of a possibility. I really wish him all the best.