The Boys played their game.

Justafan

If you look at the stats, the guys did better than the season average on just about every stat except rebounds. Excellent effort. :D

Some may feel otherwise, but I thought that, with the exception of a couple of mistakes along the way, we played about as well as we could have given the level of the competition.

For us to stay in the game, and especially to have any chance of winning, we had to play like we did AND have Memphis come in off their game, and such was not the case.

My feeling at the end of the game was, I was VERY proud of our team and our coaches. They went in with a viable game plan, and executed it to near-perfection. They played their hearts out against one of the best teams in the country, that is not only big and athletic, but deep. They hung with them till athleticism and depth began to take over.

We also needed a few breaks to go our way. On the breaks-meter, I say the needle leaned slightly to the Tigers. How about the tip-in by LO that was waved off by the official AT MIDCOURT, where he couldn't POSSIBLY see clearly enough to make that call. SO bogus. But breaks didn't decide this game by any means. The strong play of the Tigers did.

It was an exciting, exciting event to be a part of. I'm looking forward to many more in the future!

yeah, agreed. Stupid CBS broadcast didnt show larry's tip-in, but I heard it on the radio. Hopefully someone had the direct-tv broadcast recorded or something. I dont know if it can be distributed though due to copyrights. Larry really showed lots of athleticism in the first half. Does anyone know about his injury? Is he alright? The memphis guy fell on his leg, but from the way Larry reacted it looked like a groin pull. If it wasnt for that incident, Im sure LO couldve added a couple more highlights to the 2nd half reel.

How about the tip-in by LO that was waved off by the official AT MIDCOURT, where he couldn't POSSIBLY see clearly enough to make that call. SO bogus.

No need to get personal now, TMH!! :lol:

Seriously, though, we had a good view of the call at Section 107 and, unfortunately, the ball was still in the cylinder although it was coming out. If L.O. had timed it about a 1/2 second later he would have tipped it back in for a basket successfully.

I was surprised to hear CBS say that Caleb was told by a ref that his smiling was taunting & proud he was a strong enough person to KEEP SMILING! That could have gotten in a lot of player's heads and messed up their game.

Being there was great and watching the replay added more. I'm anxious for them to get home tonight so we can get an update.

We earned some respect and next year if we keep it up I believe we will be a better seed.

I don't think that is what the ref said to Caleb - that was just the announcer filling space.

I watched the replay until it was 35-34 ORU. That's where I leave it until next year.

You need to watch it all of the way to the end. Our team never let up and CBS game them respect the entire game, pointing out all of our strengths. We watched to the same point last night after getting home, but I'm glad we watched it in it's entirety this morning. I'm sure that you would actually feel even better about the game!

I need a copy of the game. My TIVO stopped with about 10 minutes to go. Do you think CBS sells copies of the total game (sans cutaways to other games)?

I need a copy of the game. My TIVO stopped with about 10 minutes to go. Do you think CBS sells copies of the total game (sans cutaways to other games)?

I set my DVR and VCR, and apparently screwed up both. I have NOTHING to watch! Poor me.

:(

Seriously, though, we had a good view of the call at Section 107 and, unfortunately, the ball was still in the cylinder although it was coming out. If L.O. had timed it about a 1/2 second later he would have tipped it back in for a basket successfully.

We'll have to agree to disagree here, Bogus. I was in Section 110, and had an equally good view, maybe better.

I repeat, with two refs near the bucket, why was it the the guy near mid-court, with the least favorable view on the court, the one to call it?

Bad call, and you'll never convince me otherwise!!!

Either way, it wasn't a game-changing play anyway. Just disappointing. If they had counted that bucket we would have hit 80 points, which sounds a little better than 78.

And unfortunately the local broadcast didn't air that play to help in determining which of us was right!

I don't think that is what the ref said to Caleb - that was just the announcer filling space.

The media seems to disagree with you. I have also heard the same gray haired ref is the one that has a history with Eddie Sutton and got after Scott when he questioned a bad call.

Our team did an exceptionally great job of staying focused with distractions like that to contend with.

ok - after reading all of the other stupid things that the ref said, I'll agree with you. I thought that surely he must have said something more constructive than that.

The media seems to disagree with you. I have also heard the same gray haired ref is the one that has a history with Eddie Sutton and was heard to tell Scott, when he questioned a bad call, "You're nobody. We don't even know you here. If you do that again, you're out of here."

Our team did an exceptionally great job of staying focused with distractions like that to contend with.

What an arrogant little man. That guy really does think he is special doesn't he. I didn't think the refs were all that great they missed calls all over the place. One bad one is when Larry got hurt, the guy came flying in and undercut Larry hitting his knee. I heard on a previous broadcast that they were supposed to be looking for that now, guess they missed it. In the end it wasn't the refs that made us lose the game though. That dang Memphis team is just so so talented and is playing their best ball come tourney time, props to Calipari for that. And after all that, I really don't like that arrogant little ref!!!

We'll have to agree to disagree here, Bogus. I was in Section 110, and had an equally good view, maybe better.

I repeat, with two refs near the bucket, why was it the the guy near mid-court, with the least favorable view on the court, the one to call it?

Bad call, and you'll never convince me otherwise!!!

That's fine, TMH. I hear what you're saying. I saw it your way at first myself. But the guy that I was with, that plays and coaches the game, told me to settle down (imagine that - me settle down), that the ball has to be ALL the way out of the cylinder in order NOT to be called basket interference and he just shook his head and said "yes, that the ball was still in there". I figured he was a much better judge than me.

I went to the tape this morning to look for that piece of the game, but they had just come back from timeout (as I think all of us have figured out by now) and so we don't know for sure what that play looks like right now.

In all honesty I will have to concede the issue, Bogus, after referring to the "2006 NCAA MEN?S AND WOMEN?S BASKETBALL RULES AND INTERPRETATIONS." Rule 4, page BR-66:

Section 4. Basket Interference

Art. 1. Basket interference occurs when a player:

a. Touches the ball or any part of the basket while the ball is on or

within the basket,

b. Touches the ball while any part of it is within the cylinder that has

the ring as its lower base, or

c. Reaches through the basket from below and touches the ball

before it enters the cylinder.

Apparently, from what this says, if the ball is in contact with the basket it cannot be touched, which is the situation as I saw it. The ball was on it's way out of, and was tapped outside of, the cylinder, but WAS in contact with the rim.

The thing that is confusing to me about this is that it would seem rule b. is violated numerous times in every game I watch. Something just doesn't seem quite right about that, but such is what it says.

The entire rules book can be downloaded here:

http://www.ncaa.org/library/rules/2006/ ... _rules.pdf

What does it say about pulling the net so hard that it bounces the basket when the ball being shot. We got the foul, but I was thinking goal tending.