ORU vs. South Dakota

ORUTerry

Nzekwesi was pushed backwards in the air (no foul called) and landed awkwardly on the play that he was injured on. These unathletic Dakota teams are always so chippy and borderline dirty.

18 hours ago, titansforever said:

At last night's TU game, both head coaches got thrown out.

Unlike that UCONN game USD's coach definitely deserved it. Dan Hurley and Haith weren't even engaging the ref... USD's coach was f-bombing anyone and everyone in the vicinity.

Eman just came out with a walking boot on.......did someone call a doctor? No I need Ahmedic

• Haha 4

Refs are trying make up for the double T’s.  13:00 to go in 2nd half 10 fouls on ORU and 1 on SD

12 hours ago, Old Titan said:

Early Vegas line has South Dakota -1.5, with just a 137 total.

I really have no clue who's going to win this one, but either way I LOVE the "over".

The freshmen re-emerge at home; Weaver and Obanor both with 15+.  Should be a tight game throughout; I'll throw a proverbial dart and take a guess:  ORU 79, USD 73.

In case anyone is wondering, I do palm readings as well. 😝

1 minute ago, Eaglefan 21 said:

55 combined points from Weaver and Obanor

Did Caleb and Ken ever combine for that much during their freshman season (2003-4)? I can't find individual game stats for that season.

18 minutes ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

Did Caleb and Ken ever combine for that much during their freshman season (2003-4)? I can't find individual game stats for that season.

From what I can find Ken and Caleb scored 54 on 1/24/04 against IUPUI... so Weaver and Obanor might have broken the freshman scoring record for a duo.

Obanor is now in lone 3rd place on the all-time freshman scoring list behind

1. Warren Niles (39 at IUPUI)
  2. Caleb Green (33 @ UMKC)
  • Upvote 1

Just got back from the game. The refs tried to even things out in the 2nd half and it hurt. Playing 4 freshmen and Smith. The time the two smaller guards were in there almost cost us the game. They seemed lost. 15 point lead to 7. Thank God for the time out to put our five back in. The ankle doesn't look good for Eman. He won't be on the court Sunday for sure. Jurgens had a great game along with Obanor and Weaver. We have a future with these 4 freshmen. Go Eagles!!!

ORU GRAD

18 minutes ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

Highest Game Totals for freshmen Caleb Green & Ken Tutt (2003-04)

54* - IUPUI 108, ORU 105 (*3OT) (Green 28, Tutt 26)

53 - ORU 91, UMKC 71 (Green 33, Tutt 20)

51 - ORU 68, Centenary 71 (Tutt 26, Green 25)

...and a BUNCH of games in the high 40's.

P.S.  Jurgens shoots too many bad shots, and at the worst possible times. 

And, ORU should have fouled on USD's last possession and up by 3.  The Yotes got a wide open look from out top to tie with a couple of seconds to go, but just missed it.. 

That's not good coaching, that's just plain luck.

It is TOUGH to win a game when your opponent is in the double bonus with 15:00 left in the game, doesn’t matter how big your lead is. Terribly officiated game. 

The freshmen were really good tonight. Obanor is a bull on the boards. You can’t box him out, he just keeps going. DJ Had some really good drives to the bucket. I thought Jürgens had a great game too. He’s not a natural PG, but he controlled the game well and did a decent job.

8 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

And, ORU should have fouled on USD's last possession and up by 3.  The Yotes got a wide open look from out top to tie with a couple of seconds to go, but just missed it.. 

That's not good coaching, that's just plain luck.

I was shocked we didn’t foul. I’d love to hear coach’s philosophy on that. 

Also, a bizarro sighting:  Summit League Commissioner Tom Douple making his way around the Mabee Center during the game all by his lonesome, while ORU Athletic Director Mike Carter took in the contest with wife Paula and another couple in Section L.

I mean, it might not have been Tom Douple, but it sure LOOKED like Tom Douple, right down to his Summit League v-neck sweater.

Doesn't that seem a little odd?