Public Transportation in Big-D

ttowncount

A friend of mine who is driving down Friday checked out the public transportation in Dallas ... DART.

http://www.dart.org/AAC2006NCAABasketball17Mar06.asp

Appears you can catch a train in Plano that will take to within 1/2 a block or so of AAC for $2.50 per day. Would likely be cheaper than parking around AAC and wouldn't have to deal with traffic.

We're thinking about it. Anyone had experience with DART?

I've never ridden it, but the DART station is right outside the arena. If there is a convenient place to get on, it would be a good option.

We haven't used Dart, but when we go to St Louis for Cardinal games we stay in St. CHarles & use their public transportation system & it is really convenient.

I take the DART bus to my office in downtown Dallas everyday. They run a fairly efficient operation. If you take the train from Plano you may have to change trains when you get into downtown. Here's the link to the DART website that gives you the skinny.

http://www.dart.org/riding.asp?zeon=Ame ... inesCenter

If you do have to change trains it may be just as fast to walk from the West End Station to the AAC. It is a short walk. When I go to the AAC I typically park in the West End (it is cheaper) and walk.

I hope you all enjoy our fair city. Except for my four years in Tulsa, I've lived my entire life in Dallas. I'd be happy to answer any questions about logistics, restaurants, hotels, etc. Send me a PM or post a new subject if you think the answer to your question would benefit the greater group.