39 hours to tipoff and...

ORU Eli

...and I've reached my breaking point like I usual do for big games. I enjoyed all the hype, all the talk, all the analysis...now I'm ready to just shut up and play. Can't wait til Friday at 2...hopefully my boss isn't around because I'll go wacko if they only way I can keep up with the game is to sneak peaks at cnnsi.com updates. Gotta hold my breath through tomorrow and cross my toes til game time...this is my least favorite point because i get so anxious.

:shock:

You can't take a late lunch or go 'visit' a customer? You have to catch at least some of the game....

Heh, I thought about calling in sick for half the day, but I think I'll just show up, pray the day is slow, and listen to the live audio (most of our computers don't have the latest versions to play the video, even though I signed up for it last week). The game starts at about noon out here, and my shift starts at 11 am. A lot of the guys know about the game and that I'm looking forward to it, so hopefully they won't mind if I slack a *little*.

The month of quarter close always mandates that I sit in my cube and do hours of 'paperwork' and excel sheets and so forth. I think I'm gonna take a late lunch though.

Eli,

I saw a news report this week that the avian flu threat is coming through Canada into the northern US as birds are migrating. I'm sure it is just typical nightly news sensationalism but it sounds serious enough to miss out on quarter end to me.