CBS coverage

Texasgrip

So how does this work...

I know in the past, the game in progress jumps around a bit; especially towards the end of the games. Does the broadcast game vary by region? Or is their only one national feed? i.e. will this whole region (Tulsa, Dallas, Houston, etc.) get the games played in Dallas?

Who works in TV?

So how does this work...

I know in the past, the game in progress jumps around a bit; especially towards the end of the games. Does the broadcast game vary by region? Or is their only one national feed? i.e. will this whole region (Tulsa, Dallas, Houston, etc.) get the games played in Dallas?

Who works in TV?

All I can tell you is that the local CBS affiliate has some latitude. In 1998 when VU was fighting it out with Florida State to go to the Sweet Sixteen, I was stuck watching Kentucky make mincemeat out of St. Louis - the entire game. UK led by about 40 at the half and ended up winning by about 25, yet KMOV St. Louis refused to switch to a more exciting game.

They did have an item in the local paper about this policy the day before the game, so you might look in your local paper's Entertainment section or Sports section to see if there is something.

Normally, as long as the local-interest game is not a huge blowout, they will pretty much stick with it, but they will briefly look in on another game or two once each half, and then at halftime they'll stagger their halftime show to show as much of other games as is available without encroaching on the 2nd half start of local-interest game, and then the same thing at the in-between games spot.

Unless they've changed... :lol:

It depends on your ADI (Area of Dominate Influence). Your local television station can opt to carry a certain game of local interest (such as ORU/Memphis) and when they move around they will put windows in the picture, or they can choose to take the best game available. Personally, I like to keep score of the game I watch, so I get frustrated with the moving all over the place, but that's the most popular format according to the CBS research, or so they say.

However, I can conceive of your local affiliate moving all around the country. You might call them to check, but I'd say in Tulsa you'll get all of Memphis/Oral Roberts

For me, I plan to watch it on the internet. That way I'll get all of it at my choice.