Oakland at ORU

ORUalum

Bleep....no RJ....not good....Expect a Miracle....:eagles:

Bontrager is struggling with player names tonight......Nizuski, Javon Harris, etc....

Somebody get the guy an ORU media guide

Oakland DESTROYED the back side of that 1-3-1 from ORU.

It was obvious that ORU got tired the last 4 or 5 minutes.....lack of depth woes continue

The 3 in the 1-3-1 are coming up too far & Oakland just lobbed it over the top

Moving Owens to the back side 1 (instead of White) in the 1-3-1 is paying dividends early in the 2nd half.

E-man can not get anything going.

The pessimist in me keeps expecting Oakland to pull away, but the boys are really fighting tonight! Down 2 with 4+ minutes left is far better than we could’ve hoped for.

Are you kidding me? Up 2 with the ball with under a minute to go. I am shocked. Hoping the Eagleman bet big on this one. :tears-of-joy:

I think ORU needed to win that in regulation. Advantage Oakland's depth going to OT.

2 minutes ago, ORUalum said:

Ruder had a timeout to use!!!! What was he thinking????

Kearns was begging for one on the other side of the court. That’s where you really need RJ bringing the ball up.

Great game by Albert......got that elusive double-double

Ruder's really good night tarnished by that mental mistake at the end of regulation.

Thoughts 

1) Spencer Sutton played a great game. Had to be a very tough offseason for him. Happy to see him earn a scholarship and now some meaningful minutes.

2) We just aren’t athletic, quick, and long enough to effectively run that 1-3-1. We get sliced up every time I see it. Oakland has PLENTY of open looks against it, just didn’t convert on a lot of them. 

3) Nzekwesi played a solid game but had nothing to show for it. Just couldn’t get his shots to fall. AJ more than made up for it. Great game on both ends of the floor. 

Tough loss for ORU....another BIG win for TheEagleman.....this team loses but it's a gold mine.....easy covers tonight.....didn't watch much but Big Albert with 33 is very encouraging....this team will compete in the Summit League with Fuqua at PG and if Owens decides to show up.....:eagles: