James Conley???

ORUalum

Probably a real nice kid but let's face it....are we really going to miss James Conley?....maybe a little this year if one of our PGs is injured and our depth will suffer...but once Milton shows up in 2018 this guy wouldn't even see the floor.....God bless you,  James.....but good luck at some NAIA school.....:geek:

Very strange timing.  Between James and Dez leaving that's a lot of potential depth lost at the PG position.  

I know everyone loves RJ.  But I have wondered if older guys might be a little leary of competing for playing time with the son of ORUs biggest legend.  I guess that's ok after this year.

Speaking of NAIA the rumor around campus is that James had planned to xfer to a NAIA school close to home but ORU is not releasing him thus making him ineligible for a scholarship until January of 2019.  He would in effect have to sit out next semester as well as the fall 2018 semester.  If this is true he will only have one semester left to play.  Why would we block a young man who recently lost his mother from transferring close to home at a non D1 school?  Why would we block anyone from leaving who is not going to another D1 school?  Makes no sense to me.  Can anyone elaborate or confirm any of the specifics?

I doubt that rumor is accurate.  I think you can transfer from NCAA to NAIA and be eligible immediately.  I think all the transfer rules only apply if transferring within the NCAA.

Gotta agree with ORUJason.  The NAIA at least used to have the reputation as the wild wild west of college athletics.  The rules are a lot less strenuous for eligibility since they don't fall under the umbrella of the NCAA.

My guess is that ORU will want him to finish the semester in Tulsa for their APR, but that he will be on the court playing for his new school come January.

All the best to James, this first holiday season without his mom is going to be really tough for him and his family.

13 hours ago, ORUJason said:

I doubt that rumor is accurate.  I think you can transfer from NCAA to NAIA and be eligible immediately.  I think all the transfer rules only apply if transferring within the NCAA.

I think he can play at an NAIA school without needing a release, but not an NCAA D-2.