ORU at Tulsa (Mayor's Cup)

ORUalum

2 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Here ya go:

scott nagy.jpg

I'm still shaking my head about your tie comment. No shade or ageism here but you have to be over 70? 

• Upvote 2

Hahaha!!!...Ouch....Wingmaaan just lit the fuse....:@

• Upvote 1

LOL - I'm 55, and my fashion sense is best described as "eclectic".  I like wearing a suit and tie on occasion, a polo or t-shirt on others.  Underwear optional... ("IT'S A JOKE!!")

Seriously, I just think it's kind of ironic, considering ORU's history with neckties and such, that our head coach, arguably "The Face Of The ORU Franchise", dressed for our crosstown rival like it was Central Arkansas.

"The Dress Code is dead; long live Not-The-Dress-Code - DILLY, DILLY!!"

image.thumb.png.9933678ecdf4da90cddb6a719f91d673.png

P.S.  And yes, showing my age, I do think it's strange (for example) that Joe Buck and Troy Aikman wear Armani jackets in the booth, but don't bother to shave that morning.  EITHER GROW THE DAMN BEARD, OR SHAVE - STUBBLE LOOKS STUPID IN A COAT AND TIE.

• Like 1

Bingo....Buck and Aikman are fine broadcasters but both look terrible with the stubble....especially Buck....who knows....maybe his wife likes it?.....personally, TheEagleman thinks that Coach Mills should go with an ORU golf shirt if he wants to be casual but if he's gonna wear a jacket then put on a blue and gold tie....:|

Okay,  in an attempt to keep this discussion focused on basketball - here is an interesting article concerning whether it is prudent to keep a player in after he commits two fouls (ala Owens last night)  or have him keep playing.

https://mindyourdecisions.com/blog/2014/05/06/game-theory-tuesdays-why-basketball-coaches-shouldnt-bench-players-in-foul-trouble/

2 minutes ago, ORUTerry said:

Okay,  in an attempt to keep this discussion focused on basketball - here is an interesting article concerning whether it is prudent to keep a player in after he commits two fouls (ala Owens last night)  or have him keep playing.

https://mindyourdecisions.com/blog/2014/05/06/game-theory-tuesdays-why-basketball-coaches-shouldnt-bench-players-in-foul-trouble/

Buzz kill... ;-)

2 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

Bingo....Buck and Aikman are fine broadcasters but both look terrible with the stubble....especially Buck....who knows....maybe his wife likes it?.....personally, TheEagleman thinks that Coach Mills should go with an ORU golf shirt if he wants to be casual but if he's gonna wear a jacket then put on a blue and gold tie....:|

The words "Buck" and "fine broadcaster" should only be in the same sentence if you are referencing his late dad, Jack.

Joe Buck is a hack benefiting off the good name of his father.  The best weeks of the NFL season are when Joe is calling playoff baseball. 

(sorry ORUTerry for going off topic again, but Eagleman's statement could not go unchallenged)

LOL....I know lots of fans don't like Joe Buck, Alum....but he has grown on me.....not my favorite but still much better than the Dick Stocktons and Kenny Alberts of the world....Buck is surely made better by his partner, Troy Aikman who is very inciteful....despite being a ex- Dallas Cowboy he usually remains very neutral and is not afraid to criticize his old team.....yeah, Jack Buck was a true Hall of Famer....one of the best of the best....but I don't think his son is the worst....and obviously his career has been  helped because he is the son of an all time great....how do you think Kenny Albert got his job?....that guy is just plain terrible......If I hear him say...."and he runs for the first down.....AND MORE" one more time I am going to throw up...that guy sucks.....and Dick Stockton is SENILE!!!....hard to believe Fox can't come up with some younger talent to do NFL play by play......:blink:

Speaking as someone who is annoyed by just about every broadcaster out there these days, I can't say that I find the Joe Buck/Troy Aikman team bad at all.  Beats the pants off Jim "Hello Friends" Nantz and Tony "WHY AM I SCREAMING??" Romo.

And, don't even get me started on Brian Davis and Michael Cage on the FSOK Thunder broadcasts... :@ #MuteButton