Team Send-off Rally?!?!?!

Guest Rob Marshall

Guest Rob Marshall

Has anyone coordinated a "team send-off" at the Mabee Center for tomorrow? We did those at TU where we invited all the fans to be at the arena to celebrate the team before they boarded the bus for the airport.

We had an outdoor sound system crankin', cheerleaders cheering, (mad) dog(s) barking, and all the local media types there covering it. Coach Self addressed the crowd and it was basically about a 30-minute pep rally to fire up the team for their trip. May be too late to get that done now and might be unrealistic to gather very many fans on such short notice. I'll be in NW Arkansas tomorrow for business and so I couldn't attend, but does anyone know what time the team bus is pulling away from the Mabee Center tomorrow for anyone who might want to show up and show their support of the team? Sounds like a prime opportunity for the Maniacs though if something could be done to fire 'em up before the bus pulls away. :idea:

Approximately 1 p.m. on Wednesday. They practice in the morning and will have an hour to grab lunch before leaving Tulsa.

Guest Rob Marshall
I would say 7/10 students are outta town, but I am taking about 30 Maniacs to the game!!!

sounds good; any chance some of you will be near the Mabee Center to send off the team today around Noon? they actually JUST mentioned the idea on the KOTV morning show following their taped interview with Scott Sutton. they said, "nothing official planned, but come by around 12 or 12:30 to show support of the team if you want to." nice touch by the KOTV morning show talent!

I'll be in NW Arkansas so I won't make it but I hope 100's can and do.

I'd love to hear from anyone that saw the team off.......

I saw Corey Williams and Andrew Meloy at Quizno's at 71st and Lewis. They looked ready to beat Memphis.

Or was it that they looked ready to eat sandwiches? I get those confused.

They are loading on the bus right now and ready to roll. There were 10-20 fans there to see them off. Hopefully we will do better when they return.