Tiger Fan

TigerDan

Hello all,

I am a Memphis Tiger fan, and have "lurked" around for two days. I have to say that you guys are some of the classiest and intelligent fans I have seen in quite sometime on a message board.

I am really looking forward to the game, as I am sure the players are. Unfortunately, Cal has now used the National Media's "abuse" of the Tigers to their advantage. I am very glad you guys are not flying under the radar. You obviously have a really talented team that is a solid 12....not a 16.

Anyway, I appreciate reading thoughts of intelligent fans. (You should just see the smack and disrespect the Arkansas fans are giving Memphis...)

See ya in Dallas! :D

Thanks for the kind words, Dan. I hope it will be a competitive game - and we might 'use' the Arkansas fans in the audience. I suspect that they will be cheering for ORU (against Memphis). We will probably have around 1,500 to 2,000 fans in attendance.

Thanks for the kind words, Dan. I hope it will be a competitive game - and we might 'use' the Arkansas fans in the audience. I suspect that they will be cheering for ORU (against Memphis). We will probably have around 1,500 to 2,000 fans in attendance.

Oh yeah, good point, the Hog fans that are there will root extremely hard against the Tigers.....a real nasty relationship.....

Guest Rob Marshall

LOL! Terry, reminds me of when I was working at TU and we played Cincy in a second round game in Nashville. Ohio State (a very anti-Cincy fan base) was playing in the game immediately after ours and so being the quick and resourceful marketing guy that I am, I dropped about 1,500 yellow-gold TU pom poms on the sections of Buckeye fans (located on the opposite side of the arena from the TU sections and immediately behind the Cincy bench) who proudly became TU supporters for that one game as we upset the #2 seed Bearcats on our way to the Austin Regional.

I think I might make a call to the ORU Athletic office tomorrow to see if they have some 'extra' pom-poms......

I hope someone in the ORU athletic department is taking notes. There is no reason why we can't try to neutralize American Airlines Arena. We might actually be able to make it feel like a pro-ORU atmosphere. Arkansas fans will be pulling for us. They'll shake a blue or white pom pom for us. Well maybe it should be gold/yellow because Memphis fans would use the blue/white ones too.

Guest Rob Marshall
I hope someone in the ORU athletic department is taking notes. There is no reason why we can't try to neutralize American Airlines Arena. We might actually be able to make it feel like a pro-ORU atmosphere. Arkansas fans will be pulling for us. They'll shake a blue or white pom pom for us. Well maybe it should be gold/yellow because Memphis fans would use the blue/white ones too.

A lot of people dislike the yellow-gold color, but it definitely POPS in an arena. The #2 Bearcats were surrounded by a sea of yellow waves behind them and across from them and frankly it was an impressive sight to see. What was really priceless though was to see and hear the reaction of the TU sections across the arena when I dumped the yellow poms on the Ohio State fans. Honestly I had forgotten about the moment until I read Terry's post about the possibility of Hog fans cheering for the Golden Eagles, but in retrospect I must say it was one of the best gimmicks I pulled off during my old sports marketing days. :wink:

Arkansas message boards... enter at your own risk. I think the difference between Memphis and Arkansas fans is pretty evident. Not gonna say much more than that... but you all know how Hog fans are.

Hogville.net

Woopig.net

Is it just me or is their pig sooie chant the most annoying thing you have ever heard.

Is it just me or is their pig sooie chant the most annoying thing you have ever heard.

They're our friends this week. Easy buddy

Blue and White Pom Poms would be just fine!! hehe :lol:

Blue and White Pom Poms would be just fine!! hehe :lol:

I think we've got plenty of those - OldTitan pulls out a box full every time we have a big game.

But we SURE wouldn't want any Memphis fans to be confused about who we were cheering for!

Its the most annoying thing i have ever heard.

I missed that one. I did get to see us win at our place in '02. That Ark. team probably wasnt nearly as good as in '95 but still fun to watch.

I remember my then seven year old sister getting mooned on the higway by a fat Arkansas fan who was headed to the Cotton Bowl for the Texas game. I guess he noticed her Texas hat. And having had the misfortune of seeing a football game in Fayetteville, I can safely say they have no rivals if the contest is classlessness.