Brad Underwood

titansforever

Doug Gottlieb knows basketball but he has kind of a snarky attitude.  I think over time he could really rub some people the wrong way.  He is a much more risky hire than a well established, up and coming, mid-major coach and if he is hired, it makes OSU look like they aren't ready to run with the big boys and instead hired someone who won't leave because of their commitment to OSU.

Instead of a total gamble like Gottlieb, OSU should consider another guy we are all familiar with:  David Richman at NDSU.

He strikes me as their kind of guy, he's young, bright, successful, he's familiar with being at a school where football rules, and he's affordable. 

And, selfishly, it would get him the heck outta the Summit League. 

This smacks of Mike Holder once again saying "I'm not hiring anybody for basketball that has anything to do with the Sutton legacy".

Bizarre hire, pure and simple.

Puzzling. He might work out, but Boynton has no head coaching experience, is originally from Brooklyn and played college basketball at South Carolina. Was an assistant in various places including three years at SFA with Underwood and one year at OSU. Was not offered the SFA job last year when Underwood left. It seems that they only interviewed DG and the assistants. The consultant they paid to find a coach is Boynton's college coach at South Carolina.