NDSU at ORU

theeagleman5

PARTING SHOT: smoke from the opening salvo of fireworks still hanging like a pall over the Mabee Center court. 

Insert snarky symbolism comment here: _______________________________

8 minutes ago, ORUalum said:

PARTING SHOT: Mabee Center seating chart 2017-18

mabee_seating.jpg.cd46934847ce587016d9a3313a652203.jpg.2fb499f90dc2209798a8f50de7a96ea7.jpg

FOFLMAO!!

Yet somehow, Sections K and L will still look empty on TV broadcasts!!

• Upvote 1

PARTING SHOT: Coach Sutton post game --- "I don't understand it.  We worked on defense all week and the guys had great practices."

PARTING SHOT: pimple-faced Divinity student who swished half-court shot during timeout promotion has just been promised starting 2-guard spot for '17-'18. 

PARTING SHOT: Highlight of the 2016-17 campaign has been the return of Big Al and Bontrager to calling ORU games.  Great to see and hear those 2 back together again.....wish they would have brought back Gill, Walls, McClellen, Crenshaw, ans Scruggs to play the games.....I think ORU would have a few more W's.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

PARTING SHOT: pimple-faced Divinity student who swished half-court shot during timeout promotion has just been promised starting 2-guard spot for '17-'18. 

17-18? Suit him up for the second half!

• Upvote 1

PARTING SHOT:  NDSU timeout as good guys cut double-digit deficit to just four with 16 minutes to go. 

AND HOPE SPRINGS ETERNAL IN THE HEARTS OF ORU FANS EVERYWHERE!

PARTING SHOT:  signs of life as ORU goes on a run...QUICK!!!!!.....insert a four guard lineup.

THE ONE I NEVER GOT TO POST THIS YEAR:  play is stopped as Albert Owens is presented with game ball after recording FIRST double-double of his 3-year career.  Grown men weep.

well......they played hard.

i just don't see a significant turnaround next season.  way too early prediction 10 or 11 wins next year.

if i had to guess.....Dez is a strong candidate to not be back.  all season the coaching staff showed 0 indication of trying to groom him to play significant minutes next year.

The only more appropriate ending would have been ORU with the 12-point 2nd half lead, only to find us somehow down 4 at the under 16:00 timeout.

1 hour ago, ORUalum said:

if i had to guess.....Dez is a strong candidate to not be back.  all season the coaching staff showed 0 indication of trying to groom him to play significant minutes next year.

The high-point of Dez's season was being named the Pre-Season Summit Newcomer of the Year.  All downhill from there.......