Little Rock at ORU

theeagleman5

Little Rock comes across the border to Tulsa Monday tonight to play ORU....the Trojans were actually in town Sunday and having a practice at Mabee Center....they are lusty 9-2 but frankly haven't really beaten anyone of note....not trying to belittle their 9-2 start but their most impressive win is against TU....still, they will be favored coming in to play us and rightly so.....I guess it comes down to which ORU team shows up.....the squad that got rolled by Loyola, Montana, Oakland and TU or the guys who battled to the wire against Ole Miss, Michigan St. and Creighton.....UALR has been off since beating No. Arizona last Wednesday night so they are rested...ORU will have just gotten back from Omaha in the wee hours of Sunday morning then have to tip off less than 48 hours after a brutal loss at 10th ranked Creighton......it's not the best situation for us....the deck appears to be stacked against the home team who will likely be without the Eman who sprained an ankle on Saturday........so TheEagleman predicts ORU will get it's first D-1 victory by upsetting Little Rock, 84-79.....Albert Owens gets 24 and Kris Martin 23 to lead the way.....GO BLUE!!!....:eagles:

UALR -2.5 according to Vegas

• ORU backed up the Ole Miss collapse with a 25 pt loss to Loyola
  • ORU followed up the Michigan St near miss with a 26 pt loss to Oklahoma

I'll say ORU is flat once again after the Creighton game and falls to UALR at home.......88 - 71

10 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

Little Rock comes across the border to Tulsa Monday tonight to play ORU....the Trojans were actually in town Sunday and having a practice at Mabee Center....they are lusty 9-2 but frankly haven't really beaten anyone of note....not trying to belittle their 9-2 start but their most impressive win is against TU....still, they will be favored coming in to play us and rightly so.....I guess it comes down to which ORU team shows up.....the squad that got rolled by Loyola, Montana, Oakland and TU or the guys who battled to the wire against Ole Miss, Michigan St. and Creighton.....UALR has been off since beating No. Arizona last Wednesday night so they are rested...ORU will have just gotten back from Omaha in the wee hours of Sunday morning then have to tip off less than 48 hours after a brutal loss at 10th ranked Creighton......it's not the best situation for us....the deck appears to be stacked against the home team who will likely be without the Eman who sprained an ankle on Saturday........so TheEagleman predicts ORU will get it's first D-1 victory by upsetting Little Rock, 84-79.....Albert Owens gets 24 and Kris Martin 23 to lead the way.....GO BLUE!!!....:eagles:

This to me is a really good analysis of ORU's current situation, particularly re: the hangover of the Creighton near-miss and the travel back to Tulsa.

The bottom line:  ORU has not only shown (so far) they can't win close games, they've gone a step further by actually losing leads late in games they could have (should have?) won. 

UALR was 30-5 last year with a double-overtime NCAA tournament win over Purdue, is 9-2 this year with 10-point victory over TU, and already has three clutch wins in games decided by 5 points or less.

Until ORU proves me wrong, I just can't pick 'em against a team that by every indication is a proven "closer". 

Trojans 72, Titans 68.  Hope I'm wrong - would really like to see them get that D-1 monkey off their back tonight (but I think Richmond will be the one to break the skid).

Welp, these next two games against UALR and Richmond to me will be very telling....the fact that Vegas only has UALR a 2.5 point favorite is encouraging, but as Bill Parcells said, "you are what your record says you are".....0-10 or 2-10, take your pick....

I'm still holding on to the belief that if ORU can notch two wins at home this week, it will give them some confidence going into Summit League play....despite opening with three on the road, with two wins this week and some confidence it may not be too far fetched to think they could get wins at Denver and Western with a loss at IPFW, and then return home for 4 straight...I know it's been mentioned here before about an ORU team not too long ago struggling in the non-conference season and then going 14-4, I think, in conference...

Does any insider have info on Javan's status?....the fact that nothing has been said makes me think there's a chance he'll play this season, but then again the season is 1/3 over...would it be worth it?

TheEagleman has to admit that the deck is really stacked against us tonight....a tired ORU 2-10 ORU team vs. a rested 9-2 UALR team....it surely doesn't look good and not the best night to bet this game unless I take the visitors....still thinking about that....I never made the bet on Saturday which was a good thing...I was going to go big on Creighton but got too busy in NYC.....If ORU wins this game tonight it will surely be a miracle....but then again who thought we would have a couple shots in the final seconds to win at 10th ranked Creighton....it's a strange game....:blink:

Excellent defensive effort so far. Albert has to stop forcing shots. 

On another note, there are at least 200 fans here tonight. 

they are up at half, but you can't make up how bad that last possession was........also still no radio streaming......miss being able to email Hax in game to fix issues like this

TheEagleman is going to score big tonight...ORU is rolling and I have ORU +8.5 teased with the under (159).....the Good Guys are winning big and it's  low scoring game.....bout time we got a D-1 win but no excuse for a rested Little Rock team tonight....they came in flat as a pancake.....:eagles:

holy cow.....UALR was flat.....ragged game, but a win is a win........zero complaints  :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

nice win for ORU

ORU finishes off Little Rock in a bit a surprise at Mabee Center but I guess we were overdue......an extremely low score due to poor shooting by both teams.......ORU 63 Little Rock 48....UALR shoots only 35% and we were not much at 38% but the Trojans a horrific 0-15 from 3 point land.....Bradley led with 14 and Anderson 12....Harris and Owens each with 8....TheEagleman would not have expected an easy win with Martin only getting 5 points....Nzekwesi did play tonight but just 18 minutes....he had 7 pts....beggers can't be choosers so we will take the ORU victory and now at 3-10 with the Richmond Spiders coming to Mabee Center on Friday.....with classes done for the year, had to be under 500 fans in Mabee tonight...looked like a ladies game......:eagles:

Have to give some props to Darian Harris.  The two games against Creighton and Little Rock were the best games of his ORU career.  Decent defense, timely offensive spark and strong on the boards.

ORU's RPI jumps from 215 to 194 moments after the win.  Strength of schedule now ranked as fourth toughest in the country.

• Upvote 2

Good point, 82....Darian Harris has been a major contributor in the past two games...that's going to be much needed in Summit League play.....any word on Javon White?....ORU has really missed that young man.....:geek: