Montana vs. ORU

theeagleman5

Another 20+ point loss is PATHETIC!!!.....TheEagleman needs a week off, too!.....BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!.....:@

need to get Anderson back if they have a shot against TU.

i wish Sutton would not play 2 or the tiny guards (Young, Bradley, and McDaniel) at the same time.   don't tell me they need to be on the court for defensive purposes......no one seems to be guarding on the perimeter.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, ORUalum said:

don't tell me they need to be on the court for defensive purposes......no one seems to be guarding on the perimeter.

This ^^^

And it appears to be a combination of both bad defensive technique and physical limitations:  short gunners who have never been expected to be a defensive "stopper" in their careers.

Here's a thought:  if you're apparently going to shoot under 30% from behind the arc with whoever you put out there, and your strength on offense is your inside game anyway, why not put some defensive length out there on the perimeter?

In other words:  "Where have you gone, Yemi Oguneye?  A nation turns its lonely eyes to you..." (sung to the tune of Simon & Garfunkel's Mrs. Robinson).

23 minutes ago, ORUalum said:

need to get Anderson back if they have a shot against TU.

i wish Sutton would not play 2 or the tiny guards (Young, Bradley, and McDaniel) at the same time.   don't tell me they need to be on the court for defensive purposes......no one seems to be guarding on the perimeter.

Yeah, I'd like to see Emmanuel on the floor at the same time with Albert and Big Chris...

Go BIG and force the opponent to match up with us.

2 hours ago, ORU82 said:

Our RPI after this will probably be 350 or the very bottom of D-I basketball.  Absolutely pathetic!

On 10/19/2016 at 1:22 PM, oruvoice said:

We are picked at 337 out of 351. And, dead last in the conference.

Maybe the joker who put this CBS poll together knew something we didn't going into the season....

Just a bad, bad weekend....even if ORU had held on against Ole Miss, chances are they would of lost the next two, but the feeling coming out of the tournament would of at least been positive...

I'm not ready to bury the season, but if Anderson is out for an extended period, and it appears that Javan will not see any action, we may be looking at a 10 win campaign...

4 minutes ago, ORUIllini said:

I'm not ready to bury the season, but if Anderson is out for an extended period, and it appears that Javan will not see any action, we may be looking at a 10 win campaign...

Yeah, if Deuce is out against TU, I can't pick ORU to win that game.  He's the only physical guard the coaches seem willing to play.

9 hours ago, Old Titan said:

You need to keep posting about it until it gets fixed.

Just like I'm going to keep posting about the perimeter defense - ORU must rank among the worst teams in D-1 right now when it comes to defending against the 3... :@

You could post about it on ORUSports.com, which will accomplish nothing.

You could email the appropriate contact(s) within the athletic department, but all that will do is make people mad.

Or you could make a donation to the Golden Eagle Club and specifically earmark the funds to go toward whatever improvements you think need to be made. And the problem will get fixed.

I dunno, man, I think I've figured out which option will lead to the desired results.

14 minutes ago, Bad Blood said:

You could post about it on ORUSports.com, which will accomplish nothing.

You could email the appropriate contact(s) within the athletic department, but all that will do is make people mad.

I think the more obvious solution is to stop supporting ORU Athletics all together (and encourage others to do the same) if that's the official position of the Athletic Dept.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Bad Blood said:

Or you could make a donation to the Golden Eagle Club and specifically earmark the funds to go toward whatever improvements you think need to be made. And the problem will get fixed.

That's a load of crap and you know it. 

Having had almost 24 hours to digest another brutal loss yesterday, TheEagleman is still scratching his head to try and figure out how a team can play competitively against a Top 30 team like Baylor and almost beat (should have beaten) a middle of the road SEC team like Mississippi then totally fall flat against average at best mid major teams like Loyola/Chi and Montana......all of this within a 10 day span.....it boggles the mind.....obviously, this team has some talent as shown vs. Baylor and Ole Miss.....I guess then it all boils down to the heart and psyche of this squad....as mentioned in a prior post, one does have to question the coaching staff and how the brutal loss last Friday was addressed with the team because we surely failed to show the following day vs. Loyola which is not a top team and then falling apart again on Monday vs. previously winless Montana.....it's not like Scott and Sean are neophytes in this business....and they have seen this happen before last year when ORU totally collapsed after an impressive 8-2 start.....I am just asking the question and throwing this out there for discussion....TheEagleman is not close enough to this team to make any assessment but I can say that I have the utmost respect for the character of our Head Coach.....what can be done to turn this around?.....clearly we need better guard play and the desire to play defense....the coaches and players have a full week to do some soul searching and fix things before the Mayors' Cup game next Monday night.....any thoughts?   :eagles::hcsutton2::eagles:

5 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

Having had almost 24 hours to digest another brutal loss yesterday, TheEagleman is still scratching his head to try and figure out how a team can play competitively against a Top 30 team like Baylor and almost beat (should have beaten) a middle of the road SEC team like Mississippi then totally fall flat against average at best mid major teams like Loyola/Chi and Montana......all of this within a 10 day span.....it boggles the mind.....obviously, this team has some talent as shown vs. Baylor and Ole Miss.....I guess then it all boils down to the heart and psyche of this squad....as mentioned in a prior post, one does have to question the coaching staff and how the brutal loss last Friday was addressed with the team because we surely failed to show the following day vs. Loyola which is not a top team and then falling apart again on Monday vs. previously winless Montana.....it's not like Scott and Sean are neophytes in this business....and they have seen this happen before last year when ORU totally collapsed after an impressive 8-2 start.....I am just asking the question and throwing this out there for discussion....TheEagleman is not close enough to this team to make any assessment but I can say that I have the utmost respect for the character of our Head Coach.....what can be done to turn this around?.....clearly we need better guard play and the desire to play defense....the coaches and players have a full week to do some soul searching and fix things before the Mayors' Cup game next Monday night.....any thoughts?   :eagles::hcsutton2::eagles:

Those are some of my exact thoughts - truly had to understand why the program seems to be headed backwards so quickly.

Lest anyone think Montana suddenly got its act together against the Golden Eagles, here's a little morsel to top off the crap salad that was ORU's 2016 Paradise Jam...