Montana vs. ORU

theeagleman5

TheEagleman had a strong feeling that ORU would be out of gas for Loyola so I took a shot and doubled down with a huge bet on the Ramblers and won big....so my disappointment was tempered....the loss vs. Ole Miss was crushing and the boys just failed to show up against a decent Loyola squad.....no excuses but surely we were tired and mentally beaten before even taking the court because of the brutal Ole Miss loss and having to play OT....and too many guys logging a lot of minutes....so let's just turn the page and move on......now today is the gut check game vs. a weak Montana team that got pounded in the first two games of this tournament and are 0-4 overall....the Grizzlies just plain stink.... so this is a must win for ORU and having had a day to rest, we can't go back to the mainland winless...if we go 0-3 in the tournament then we surely stink also...soooo.....TheEagleman expects the Good Guys to get a victory because if we lose, yeah....it could be a long cold winter...need big efforts from everyone and Coach Sutton spins some magic today.... ORU prevails, 77-69.....GO BLUE!!!!....:eagles:

These two teams are 0-7 vs. Division 1 opponents this year (but in fairness, only one of those seven games was a home contest, a 1-point loss for the Grizzlies).

Montana has lost their three non-home games by an average of 17 points.  ORU's three D-1 losses away from the Mabee Center have been by an average of just under 16 points.

Vegas likes Montana by around 3 points, but I think it's a pick 'em game. 

One thing is certain:  the loser has some SERIOUS soul-searching to do when they get home.

Agree with all of the above.  The beat down we received from Loyola was embarrassing to say the least.  We were basically run out of the gym.  There was no excuse for that performance.  We had better claim a win today, otherwise we are in for a very long dark season which could be one of the worst in our history.  Sorry to panic, but we need to step up soon.  Go Golden Eagles!

Just made a small play on ORU +3.5....call me stupid but TheEagleman is just an optimist who thinks ORU will come back to the mainland with one victory.....we need this one for confidence especially with a week off until the TU game next Monday night....not wanting the guys to sit around for a week stewing about 3 terrible losses in the Virgin Islands.....GO BLUE!!!.....:eagles:

ORU down early, 15-11.....Nzekwesi still scoreless after 10 minutes.....:unsure:

Charlie Brown's teacher is calling the game on ORUathletics.com.

I know I sound like a broken record, but why can't they improve the broadcast quality on the athletics website?

29-18 Montana late in the first half....looks like ORU may have packed it in again and the plane is warmed up and on the runway.....embarrassing to lose like this again to a winless team like Montana....:n:

9 minutes ago, ORUalum said:

Charlie Brown's teacher is calling the game on ORUathletics.com.

I know I sound like a broken record, but why can't they improve the broadcast quality on the athletics website?

You need to keep posting about it until it gets fixed.

Just like I'm going to keep posting about the perimeter defense - ORU must rank among the worst teams in D-1 right now when it comes to defending against the 3... :@

• Upvote 1

Can't make a three when it matters (2-of-11 for the half), can't prevent a three when it matters (6-of-8 to start for the Grizz).

Now, THAT'S what I call a lethal combination... :puke:

32 minutes ago, WingMaaaan said:

The inability to bounce back after an emotional game falls on the shoulders of the coaching staff.

Bounce back smoothies on the beach Sunday:

And before anyone thinks I'm being too old-school hard on the young men, I'll just say this:  I don't begrudge their beach time on their off-day.

BUT, after the "performance" logged on Saturday, if you're gonna post pictures to social media the very next day smiling & hanging at the beach, you better DAMN well "bring it" right from the opening tip the next game!

Agree with Alum, the broadcast is terrible.  Sure miss Hax.  Brutal to listen to.  As far as the game is concerned, we are flat out terrible.  As OT pointed out, can't either shot or defend a 3.  For that matter, we can't do much else.  Montana is bad and we are making them look like all world.  Perhaps we spent too much time vacationing and not concentrating on why we were there.  If this holds, I do not want to think about the rest of the season.  BAD, REALLY BAD!!!

ORU down 14....BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!:n:

4 minutes ago, ORU82 said:

Agree with Alum, the broadcast is terrible.  Sure miss Hax.  Brutal to listen to. 

not sure if it's Adam's fault.  broadcasting from VI, probably not ideal to begin with (internet/phone line issues?)......audio quality has been a problem for awhile especially when they are not on 97.1 and the out of town listener is reliant on the ORUathletics webcast.

my issue is the levels are clearly off on the ORUathletics audio player.  i've compared the audio quality on the ORU website when games are on tunin/97.1.....the difference is night and day.

oh well.....hope we get some fight in the second half

Would be surprised if we even make the Summit League Tournament.

Will be a struggle for this team to get to 10 wins. 

68-47, final.

*sigh*

I'm sure we will hear (in some form or fashion) during the post-game that this performance was "unacceptable".

But I've noticed these last few seasons, after hearing similar assessments, that very little is actually likely to change in terms of the line-up, the style of play, or the ultimate results.

Which, for all intents & purposes, indicates that (at some levels of the overall program) this sort of performance has, in fact, become ... acceptable. :|