Rogers State vs. ORU

theeagleman5

The Hillcats come to Tulsa playing their 3rd game in 4 nights at 1-1.....won on Friday night vs. Colorado St.-Pueblo then lost on Saturday vs. Midwestern St......so they could be dragging in the 2nd half....let's hope that ORU shoots a little better tonight and we see a more complete effort against this D-II team...TheEagleman would expect good scoring efforts from Owens, Miller and Nzekwesi.....Coach Sutton may clear the bench late to keep from running up the score but maybe not....he may want to get the confidence level up for the team....ORU should and will win handily.....let's say about ORU 92  Rogers State 68.....:eagles:

Baylor may be the second best team we play all year. And, there were several bright spots.

Take care of business tonight and get ready for the Ole Miss Black Bears. That one is a very winnable game!

Black Bears..Geez.....Another sloppy first half....ORU only up 42-39.....Albert has 17 but Bradley and Nzekwesi have shot a combined 2-13....ouch!...:-o

Are we no longer on the "Sports Animal"?  I tried to get the game on the "TuneIn" app and got the OKC Thunder instead.  Oh well, I will go to the Athletic Department website.

Very unimpressive.  And yes, it would be nice if the Athletic Dept. could sync the radio and tv together.  BTW, are we ever going to  be on the "Sports Animal"?

6 minutes ago, ORU82 said:

..... BTW, are we ever going to  be on the "Sports Animal"?

just guessing,  they probably ran into MNF. 

the new guy said Friday's game will be on 1550 again as well (no 97.1 internet stream / tunein app).........high school football????

Jalen Bradley goes off in the 2nd half and ORU prevails, 87-76.....21 for both Bradley and Owens....unimpressive performance.....But Nzekwesi had  9 points and 17 boards....not sure if we are ready for Ole Miss from the SEC on Friday in the Paradise Jam....:huh:

Kellen Manek, RJ Smith, Spencer Sutton.....all will redshirt this season

No decision yet on Javan...listening to Coach Sutton in post game press conference, in my opinion it didn't sound encouraging...

Sorry for the double up post... alum beat my by a nose 

After tonight's performance, I still think that 1 win at the Jam would be a success.....however, Friday's game is on the CBS SportsNetwork, and if they can manage to beat Ole Miss, ORU's next two games would also be shown on the CBSSN, which I would think would be a plus just in regards to some exposure to viewers against some bigger name schools....just a thought

• Upvote 1

Anyone know what is up with the games not being on 97.1 and hence the tunein app?  I don't remember this being a problem the last several years.  I hope we can get back on 97.1 soon.  The Athletic Dept. site is a joke.

14 hours ago, BlueGold said:

Ole Miss Black Bears?  Inside joke, voice?

Being from Memphis, there is nothing (outside of maybe Louisville), that we hate more than Ole Miss. A few years back, in an attempt at PC, they got rid of Colonel Reb as their mascot and replaced him with a Black Bear. So, we no longer refer to them as the Rebels, but as the Black Bears.

Nothing would bring me more delight than beating the Black Bears!!

10 hours ago, ORUIllini said:

Kellen Manek, RJ Smith, Spencer Sutton.....all will redshirt this season

No decision yet on Javan...listening to Coach Sutton in post game press conference, in my opinion it didn't sound encouraging...

Big fan of redshirting the freshmen. The Dakota schools always seem to have experienced 5th year players that end up being solid contributors. An extra year to get better really helps at our level of basketball.