2016 Summit League Tournament

theeagleman5

TheEagleman is so proud of this ORU team....not an easy task to win 3 games in less than 24 hours with tired pitching against a hot IPFW team that had won 12 in a row and was playing with total confidence.....ORU blows them out in the final, 14-3 and finishes 38-19 on the season....We will find out on Monday were we are headed and our first round opponent.....:clap:.:clap::clap::eagles:

I didn't think they were gonna be able to do it. HUGE performances from just about every man on the field. Particularly strong performances from Whatley, Stafford, McMinn, among others. Really impressed with our boys. 

Proud to be a Golden Eagle!! 

Great job by the good guys against SDSU and IPFW (twice).  It seemed touch-and-go early in game 1 with IPFW - especially when the score was 2-2 and IPFW kept hanging around thinking that they could play with us - but McMinn was MONEY! for the Golden Eagles on this day.  I'm glad we have him for the next two seasons.  McMinn and Howe in the starting rotation will be formidable next season.

I would expect us to receive a #3 seed to a midwest regional.  We have some quality wins in our body of work and I can't believe that we will end up as a #4 seed at any regional picked.  Hopefully we won't be in the same bracket as a nationally seeded #1.

I'd be very (pleasantly) surprised to receive a #3 seed.  We've been a #3 seed very few times in recent history, and while our winning record against power five schools is impressive, an RPI in the low 60's likely relegates us to a high #4.  No doubt about it, though... no #1 seed wants to see ORU (with 25 previous NCAA appearances) as a #4 in their bracket.

The projections I've seen have us as a 4 seed, most likely in the Lubbock regional. Interesting storyline after the unexplained cancellation of a return game from Tech. Would love to go in there and shut those guys down. 

Nearly every projection I have seen lists ORU as a 4 seed.  I think I saw only one a week or two ago that had ORU as a 3 seed.  I think it is possible but unlikely.

There are currently 13 teams in the tournament (automatic bids) with RPI's worse than ORU, so we should be a high 4, low 3.  However, there is no way we should be assigned to a regional against a national seed.  There are 10 teams with RPI's of 100+, so plenty of other #4 seeds to use in those regionals.  And, while I understand that regionals are often assigned geographically, there will be several regionals in states close to Oklahoma that will not include a national seed which will need a high 3/low 4.  One never knows why the NCAA does what it does, but we SHOULD be spared a first round national seed match-up.

Any chance OSU is a #1 seed and hosts a regional in Stillwater?...would love to take on the Pokes again....we have owned them the past few seasons.....and throw Arkansas in that one for good measure....would love go against the Hogs, too......:eagles:

i'm calling 4 seed at TCU

INDIANAPOLIS – The NCAA Division I Baseball Committee announced the 16 regional sites for the 70th annual NCAA Division I Baseball Championship.

The 16 regional sites, with host institutions and records are as follows:

• Baton Rouge, Louisiana – LSU (42-18)
  • Charlottesville, Virginia – Virginia (37-20)
  • Clemson, South Carolina – Clemson (42-18)
  • College Station, Texas – Texas A&M (45-14)
  • Columbia, South Carolina – South Carolina (42-15)
  • Coral Gables, Florida – Miami (FL) (45-11)
  • Fort Worth, Texas – TCU (42-15)
  • Gainesville, Florida – Florida (47-13)
  • Lafayette, Louisiana – UL Lafayette (41-19)
  • Louisville, Kentucky – Louisville (47-12)
  • Lubbock, Texas – Texas Tech (41-16)
  • Nashville, Tennessee – Vanderbilt (43-17)
  • Oxford, Mississippi – Ole Miss (43-17)
  • Raleigh, North Carolina – North Carolina State (35-20)
  • Starkville, Mississippi – Mississippi State (41-16)
  • Tallahassee, Florida – Florida State (37-20)

Wow....no regionals west of Texas.....ORU could wind up almost anywhere.....If I could pick where I'd like to see us go....TheEagleman would prefer Virginia, TCU or LA-Lafayette...actually, wouldn't much mind going back to Mississippi State,,,,,,:eagles:

2 hours ago, ORUalum said:

i'm calling 4 seed at TCU

I agree - Fort Worth would make the most sense.  However, I can also see us headed to Lafayette.

I

ORU #4 vs. TCU #1.....Gonzaga #3 vs. Arizona St. #2.....interesting Regional in Fort Worth....large ORU alumni base in that area so maybe a good Golden Eagle turnout on Friday night....the Zags and Sun Devils have big time ace pitchers....hopefully they will both be used up in the opener....:eagles:

With ORU receiving a 4-seed, TCU is pretty much a best case scenario.  I wonder why Dallas Baptist was sent to Lubbock and OSU was sent to Clemson when they could have been 2-seeds in Dallas at TCU.  OSU would have probably been happy with the A&M regional as well with as many OSU fans as there are in Houston.

The Mrs. and I are making the trip to Fort Worth this weekend.  Are there any others that will be at TCU on Friday night?  :eagles:

Will hopefully make it down for game 2 on Saturday. Is the athletic department organizing any sort of watch party for Friday nights Game?