All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Yesterday
  2. MrsSmith

Final Week of Summit Play (ORU at Omaha)

I think I'd rather be playing Omaha. They lost their last 4 series. SDSU has been hot and they have 3 very good pitchers. We beat their #1 pitcher here 1-0. Josh McMinn needs to have another brilliant game.
  3. TrueBlue82

2019 - 2020 Schedule

This also means that Missouri State will be ORU’s opponent for Homecoming weekend, the best such matchup in some time. As a reminder, we do have a road trip to Chicago State in 19/20 as a completion of the WAC/Summit challenge to add to our OOC list.
  4. ORU82

2019 - 2020 Schedule

So at least for now our OOC schedule should include Missouri State, Tulsa, Iowa and Oklahoma State. Not bad. Also, Chicago State.
  5. Old Titan

Following Omaha’s fast start in league play, this 2/3 match-up was the best possible scenario. Just took a lot of drama to get there!
  6. Last week
  7. TrueBlue82

It’s pretty amazing that Spencer Henson finished off his second consecutive Summit League Triple Crown today. It’s hard enough to win ONE Triple Crown, but two in a row??? .372 BA 17 HRs 49 RBI ORU's win today also guarantees that the Eagles (26-24) will not finish the season with a losing record, which would have been the first losing season since 2013, and the second since 1997. At least we salvaged not adding insult to injury...
  8. theeagleman5

Henson 3 hits and a HR today....McMurray 4 hits and Keisor 2 hits with 4 Rbi....13-9 win finishes the regular season at 26-24...next up for ORU will be the Jacks at JLJ.
  9. TrueBlue82

Good guys finish off Omaha 13-9 on Senior Day to win the season series 4-2. Western run-rules Fort Wayne to earn the final spot in next week’s tourney. Omaha, SDSU, ORU, and WIU will be in Tulsa - and any of these teams could punch their ticket to the NCAA. Look for the winner to earn a #4 seed and a first round matchup at the home stadium of a national seed. 2 and Q.
  10. Old Titan

Can anything more possibly be asked of All-Everything Spencer Henson this season? Will he be selling programs and singing the national anthem at the conference tournament as well?
  11. ORUJason

If ORU ends up winning the Summit League Tournament this year, there will be some real angst from the other teams, no doubt.
  12. theeagleman5

ORU wins 9-8 to clinch 3rd seed vs. SDSU next week in game 1...Good Guys tried to give it away with two errors in the 9th....hard to see this team winning the Tournament but no one is formidable....
  13. TrueBlue82

Ballgame! Clinched the #3 seed.
  14. MrsSmith

We won! Barely, but a win is a win.
  15. MrsSmith

9-8 with the tying run at 3rd. Stress!!
  16. theeagleman5

ORU 9. Omaha 6...top 9th....no lead is safe.
  17. Old Titan

Your 3:41pm update: ORU 8, Omaha 2 (T7) [that's great news] SDSU 2, NDSU 1 (final) [even better news - ORU magic number now "1"] WIU 3, PFW 0 (M5) [who cares now??]
  18. theeagleman5

ORU up 5-2 in the top of the 5th.....we had a 5 run lead early.....TheEagleman is thinking we need more.....
  19. Old Titan

Your 2:41pm update: ORU 5, Omaha 1 (T3) [that's good news] SDSU 2, NDSU 1 (T6) [that's good news] WIU 1, PFW 0 (B3) [that's expected news]
  20. Old Titan

Not sure I myself would go that far, but I must admit that hoping for some sort of sudden upgrade in the pitching, hitting and defense at this point is exactly what Albert Einstein was referring to: (Truth be told, I actually hate this cliche, because it's simply not true. It has been my experience that doing the same thing over and over again TYPICALLY produces different results, as in hitting my driver off the 1st tee, or buying watermelon.)
  21. theeagleman5

If ORU loses again today....TheEagleman is done with them....DONE!!!....not worth the time or trouble.....
  22. Old Titan

It seemed unfathomable to include WIU in any of this math before today, and it still feels unfathomable that Fort Wayne might conjure up a way to win the series with the Leathernecks. But, as I often think when it comes to predicting college sports: these are 18-to-20-year-olds, and you just never know. They may have more interest in chasing girls, or staying up all night playing xBox, than actually caring about baseball at this point. If WIU or NDSU fail to make the tournament, they need only look back at those losses to Fort Wayne as the exact reason why, and only they will know the reasons for those results.
  23. TrueBlue82

With PFW's surprise win against Western, our magic number is now at 1 with the Leathernecks and 2 with NDSU. An ORU win or another Western loss in the two remaining games - and we are in. Or two NDSU losses. Hopefully, this is all settled with an ORU win tomorrow, so we can earn our way into the tourney (and not feel the pressure on Saturday). The only way Western makes the tourney is if they win both of their remaining games - and either ORU or NDSU lose both. I will not feel sorry at all to see Western miss out on the trip to Tulsa, as they've had our number this year. In other news, Omaha clinched the regular season title tonight, also securing the #1 seed for the 2019 tourney, and the host for 2020 tourney. SDSU has nothing to play for tomorrow but pride. They are assured of the #2 seed, no matter the outcome of their remaining games.
  24. Old Titan

I wish I shared your optimism that ORU's hitters will be doing something other than tarp duty next weekend (unless I should be expecting an emergency e-mail from the GEC looking for on-field volunteers! LOL) NDSU beats SDSU tonight, 3-2, so ORU's magic number is still at "2". With rain in the forecast for Fargo on Saturday, those two will play a doubleheader Friday starting at 1pm. We may have all the answers in just 24 hours if ORU could simply pull out a win.
  1. Load more activity