All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. TrueBlue82

ORU at SDSU

The three teams closest to ORU in the Summit standings (of which ORU would need to leapfrog at least two of the three to qualify for the Summit tournament) are Northern Colorado, SDSU and Omaha. ORU’s next three series are coincidentally against SDSU (road), Omaha (home) and Northern Colorado (home). It is not too late for ORU to make a run, but the time is NOW…
  3. Yesterday
  4. 2014Grad

Transfer Portal 2024

With inflation, I don’t blame service and store workers for bouncing around jobs when wages haven’t matched cost of living. My Tulsa apartment in mid 2010s went from $550 to $900 in about 4 years .
  5. tmh8286

Twitter Fun - Music

Is this your daughter, Otis??? https://www.instagram.com/reel/C4GWtJ0rKAw/?igsh=MXhpdDZiaTlmMDRxcw==
  6. Old Titan

Rev’s AC Madness

Another McBride sighting, this time at the annual All-Sports award banquet, aka "The Eli Awards". Editor's Note: They're all so young! lol
  7. titansforever

Transfer Portal 2024

I wonder how many of these players will wind up hopping from job to job once their playing days are over. Will they take a job, stay a year, get bored, move on, and lather-rinse-repeat? We've seen what's been happening in the service industry. Every time you go to a restaurant or other store, the people who wait on you are completely different--and they don't seem to get much training. Or they don't bother to learn, because they figure they'll be quitting soon anyway.
  8. Dave Connor

Transfer Portal 2024

I'm surprised that Michigan State chose Frankie Fiddler from the transfer portal. Tom Izzo gets most of his talent from high school players and has criticized the "portal chaos". Fiddler is MSU's his first transfer to join the team since March 2021.
  9. ORU82

Rev’s AC Madness

Thanks for bringing up that fact OT. During the broadcast of the game Adam pointed out that McBride was in the stands at JLJ along with other ORUMBB teammates. The only other one he specifically mentioned was I think Miller.
  10. tmh8286

Transfer Portal 2024

I'll tell you what will happen if any grad transfers miss the deadline - one of them will sue the NCAA over it, the courts will decide in favor of the player, and the NCAA will drop the rule. And I don't think we will ever see another transfer student having to sit out a year. Ever. Actually, I'm surprised the deadline has stood at all. Probably because no player has decided they wanted to transfer after the deadline and decided to fight about it. Once that happens, and the player sues the NCAA, they'll drop the deadline. Every issue seems to be decided in the player's favor and chaos so far.
  11. Old Titan

Rev’s AC Madness

He was at the baseball game with friends Tuesday night; he sure acts like a guy who is sticking around, or at least NOT like a guy who is out the door.
  12. Dave Connor

Rev’s AC Madness

Wouldn't it be great if McBride would use this event to announce that he is retuning to ORU this fall? He put Kareem on the spot last year about returning to ORU when he spoke to the crowd during the dedication of the Mike Carter Center.
  13. Last week
  14. Bogus Smith

2024 Signees

Next year's commit hitting .348 with 10 HRs and 33 RBIs. Assuming Cam returns next season, this will probably be our first baseman next season. https://goroughriders.com/sports/baseball/roster/wailele-kane-yates/904
  15. theeagleman5

Twitter Fun - Music

TheEagleman could use a My Pi pizza or Goldies Burger right about now....but my all time favorite back in the 70s was Casa Bonita.....use to eat until I was ready to burst.....those were the days, my friend....
  16. Keenan Henderson

Transfer Portal 2024

Jeff Borzello is reporting that last week the NCAA decided that all transfers, even grad players, have to be in the portal by May 1st. That is a change from the past, where grad transfers could still enter after the deadline. Not sure what happens if they enter after that date, Jeff did not say. They might have to sit out a year. Should be interesting with just one week left to see who enters the transfer portal. Hopefully no one else from ORU does.
  17. 2014Grad

Transfer Portal 2024

The rich get richer! Those are some pretty good schools. Shows the summit league has serious talent, but also that it can just be an audition for P5 schools…
  18. Keenan Henderson

Transfer Portal 2024

The Summit League transfers are making a big splash in the portal. William Kyle to UCLA, Zeke Mayo to Kansas, Frank Fiddler to Michigan State, BJ Omot to Cal, and the NDSU big man (forgot the name) to Nebraska. Sounds like a who's who that is picking guys from the Summit.
  19. titansforever

South Dakota coach leaves

Probably not a big impact on us, but news nonetheless. https://goyotes.com/news/2024/4/23/womens-basketball-karius-to-return-to-green-bay.aspx
  20. Otis 83

Twitter Fun - Music

Now that you mention it, there was that one night when the Nervebreakers came up from Dallas to play the Blue Grotto in Tulsa
  21. tmh8286

Twitter Fun - Music

That's how we got the Earth, Wind and Fire tickets!!
  22. Bogus Smith

OSU at ORU

OSU finishes the sweep, 12-4. All the scoring was done in the first 4-1/2 innings - all zeros after that. We outhit OSU 11-9, but gave up 10 walks and a HBP, which produced 20 baserunners. As I always told the kids I coached, you can never defend a walk, so don't give 'em up!!!
  23. Otis 83

OSU at ORU

Down 8-2 top of the third. We have given 5 free passes already. I’m going to check in on the Rangers.
  24. theeagleman5

Twitter Fun - Music

Just waiting for Mr. Southern to produce pics of Otis and TheEagleman behind bars in Tulsa in the 70s.....oh it's gotta be coming......
  25. Otis 83

OSU at ORU

Waiting for my OSU friend to text me "Where the heck did your video feed go?" Although he probably will not say "heck?"
  26. Otis 83

Twitter Fun - Music

I will be forever indebted to you for sharing that.
  27. Section A

OSU at ORU

ORU has no post season RPI issues, let's start all utility players tonight!
  28. theeagleman5

OSU at ORU

Golden Eagles hosting the Pokes tonight at JLJ.....TheEagleman will give you ORU +6.5 in this rematch......
  1. Load more activity