ORU wins 57-54!!!

ORUalum

big night for Vicky.   congrats to the ladies! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

• Upvote 2

Gritty road win for the ladies.  They really battled in this one and showed a lot of toughness and fortitude.  Trailed by 5 at the half.  Trailed most of the second half, by as much as 9 with 9:52 to go, but kept chipping away and kept it within reach.  Atoe' hits a go-ahead three with 2:44 left, we withstand 4 shots, she gets fouled with 8 seconds left, hits 2 free throws, they try a three and miss and fittingly, Vicky gets the rebound and we clinch the win.

We play the winner of (8)North Dakota-(1)New Mexico.

Eagles!

• Upvote 1

I am so proud of our ladies! Way to go! I was at the men's game, or I would have been listening. I can't wait to see Vicky's stats.

Thanks to the local alums who attended this game. I know it meant a lot to the team.

Wouldn't it be ironic if we played North Dakota? Would that be a good thing or a bad thing? Maybe good, huh?

The season continues! Hallelujah!

• Upvote 1

Big win for ORU...and a great night for ORU basketball all around to go with our baseball win at 12th ranked Texas Tech last night.....whom do the ladies play in round 2???... :nerd:

Big win for ORU...and a great night for ORU basketball all around to go with our baseball win at 12th ranked Texas Tech last night.....whom do the ladies play in round 2???... :nerd:

New Mexico of the Mountain West in Albuquerque.

We play at New Mexico.  The game's next Monday, March 23rd, 8pm Central start time.

They're the #1 seed in the WBI West Region.  They played at home tonight and squeaked out a 54-51 win over #8-seed North Dakota.

The Mabee Center got louder last night, at the announcement of the final score of the women's game, than at almost any point last night!

Yes, oruvoice, that was a magical moment! Winning 2 games in one night is the best thing ever!!!

We got pretty loud every time Bobby hit a 3! And Obi. And AY. UCSB had a very loud fan who yelled a lot; we had to out-yell him. :talk: