ORU picked for the WBI

BlueGold

I'll need to edit my 'Where are we?' post to reflect the fact that our season isn't over...

It's official #ORUWBB will make 5th postseason trip in 6 yrs earning spot in WBI vs Texas State Wed at 7pm pic.twitter.com/PArMA2gqaM

— ORU W. Basketball (@ORUWBB)

March 17, 2015

The game is at Texas State.  We're a 5-seed, they're a 4.

Here's the bracket:

http://static.psbin.com/7/w/qvfmztymg8w37z/2015_WBI_Bracket.pdf

Congratulations to the ladies!

• Upvote 1

Texas State is 17-14 overall, 10-4 at home.  They finished tied for 4th in the Sun Belt.

Their top 5 scorers are guards, led by 6-0 Erin Peoples (13.7 ppg) and 5-3 Ayriel Anderson (11.1 ppg).

Their tallest players are both listed at 6-2.  Center Kileah Mays averages 5.4 ppg, 7.7 rpg.  Forward Jacqueline Jeffcoat, a redshirt senior transfer from OU, averages 5.0 ppg, 5.9 rpg.

They don't shoot particularly well- 36.5% overall, 34% from three, 65.5% from the line.  We are shooting 41.1% overall, 33.4% from three and 70.8% from the line.  

Obvious keys:

Vicky, Vicky and more Vicky

Make shots, especially some threes

Value the ball

WOW!....that is a nice surprise for the ORU ladies....sort of puts a great finishing touch on the season......and it will be even nicer if we come home with a win!....Go Blue!!!... :nerd:

Yes, a key is "Very few or no turnovers!" I just wish the game wasn't happening at the same time as the men's game.