ORU at Oklahoma

theeagleman5

Golden Eagles visit Norman tonight....we need a win after that weekend sweep.....that was horrific at home.... :sweat:

Unfortunately, Pepe Gomez, our Sooner killer from last season, has moved on and won't be pitching tonight.  In the 2 games he started against them, he shut them out both times and pitched like the real Cy Young did, and I should know, I've seen Cy Young pitch.

Freshman Bryce Howe (Claremore, OK) is scheduled to make his first-ever collegiate start for us.  

OU is 12-6 this season.  They've won 9 of their last 11.  

And yes, we need to erase the memory of last weekend's sweep by Dallas Baptist.

I haven't reached panic mode yet but I'm struggling with our overall lack of success so far at just 6-7.  The high expectations I've always had for the baseball program are not being met, and haven't been for the last 2 seasons plus this one.

5-1 good guys win!!!

nice bounce back after the dreadful weekend vs DBU.  great job from the pitching staff. (Howe, Teague, Hightower, McDavid, Sequeira, Garza, and Stout)

Whatley with a big night at and behind the plate....3 RBI and 2 runners gunned down.

I haven't reached panic mode yet but I'm struggling with our overall lack of success so far at just 6-7.  The high expectations I've always had for the baseball program are not being met, and haven't been for the last 2 seasons plus this one.

interesting comment from the voice of the Sooners, Toby Rowland....claimed he's hearing from ORU insiders that Folmer is in the hot seat after 2 sub-par years and that he likely needs an NCAA appearance to retain his job.

not sure i buy it, but was surprised that is floating around.  in 20 years Mike Carter has never fired a basketball or baseball coach, i don't think he would give up on Folmer after 3 years.

Great win - takes some of the sting off of the DBU debacle.  And, here's hoping that what DBU did unto us, we will do unto NDSU this weekend (isn't that biblical?).  :wasntme:  

I was also glad to see the Sooner website with the headline of "Sooners host in-state rival ORU" this afternoon.  I wish our "neighbors" at 11th and Harvard would take notes...

And while I have no insider information, I would be shocked if Folmer was truly on the "hot seat" - sounds like the media stoking a fire that isn't burning.  Besides, I think the Golden Eagles will be just fine this year.  With 30 games against Summit opponents, a 20-8 (assuming some rain-outs) conference record is not unreasonable.  Add that to a .500 non-conference record, and it would leave us with a 31-19 season heading into the Summit tourney as solid favorites.  

Big win for ORU last night.....always great to beat the Sooners!.....now we need to rest up and sweep NDSU this weekend!.... :clap:

Clutch hitting and great pitching down the stretch.

Garza gets into and out of trouble with a bases loaded SO in the 8th. Stout backward K's the entire OU side in the 9th.