ORU vs SDS semi final game at 2:30 cst today!

orumom

I am glad we switched to ESPN Network this year. I have been able to watch a ton of games.

Basketball, like most sports, is about match-ups.

We match up well against NDSU. We do not match up well against SDSU. Going to take a BIG effort, especially considering this will be the equivalent of a road game.

If we can pull it off, we actually match up better with the either of the would be, finals opponent.

Win today and I REALLY like our chances to take the whole ENCHILADA and reach the NCAA tournament. If that happens, they should re-vote for conference coach of the year. Just sayin'.

Thinking the same thing Voice, we don't match up well against SDSU.  Other than our advantage with Vicky in the post, the Jacks will have a size advantage at at least 3 other positions- point guard, shooting guard and small forward or the 3 guard since I consider Faith to be more of a guard than a forward.  Dorka at the '4' is probably a wash size-wise with her opposite.  The size disadvantage against SDSU really hurt us in the 2 games we lost to them.

Other disadvantages today:

1. We will be playing against a very partisan crowd, all for the Jacks

2. We are playing our 2nd game in 24 hours while the Jacks had yesterday off to rest and recuperate

3. The psychology of having lost to the team we're playing twice already this season- will it be in our minds?

Anyway, I'm expecting the worst and hoping for the best.

There are a lot of ifs, but if Vicky has a big game and we get secondary scoring from more than one other player, and we hold them under 40% shooting, and we take care of the ball in a reasonable sense (fewer than 12 turnovers), you never know.

Good post and some good points.

In my mind, Vicky will be solid. She brings it every night.

I think the key to the game is Dorka. If she gets hot and makes a couple of early 3's, we have a shot!

:n:  :n:  :sweat:  I miss being on FOX, because we don't have a way to record it to watch again. We took this afternoon off to watch the ORU women, otherwise we had no way to watch it later that I'm aware of. There are pro's & con's.

Gotta say....if ORU comes within 15-20 it will be a miracle....SDSU is just too good and they have the home crowd advantage.... :sweat:

unfortunately it looks like they put Geoff's call behind a pay wall on oruathletics.com.  makes no sense....the radio broadcasts have been free all year.

orualum, are you able to pull up espn3.com ? It is free when it works. We have the fastest internet COX provides & it has already dropped twice.

ORU leads by 5 at the half!

Atoe with a running 3 at the buzzer! Which it looked like she was fouled on, as well.

TheEagleman has been watching off and on at work....amazing first half by ORU and McIntyre!!!.... :clap:

20 more minutes.

Bunnies will make a run.

Gotta cut down on the silly turnovers.

If we play a "cleaner" first half, we're up by 12...

5 min scoring drought for ORU.....also up to 13 turnovers