NDSU vs. ORU@The Summit

BlueGold

FINAL: #ORUWBB advances with 71-58 win over North Dakota State. ORU will play South Dakota State tomorrow at 2:30 pic.twitter.com/tyPc2CtXrB

— ORU W. Basketball (@ORUWBB)

March 8, 2015

One down, 2 to go.

Our defense and our advantage in the paint led us to this win.  We held NDSU to 35% shooting, outscored them inside 36-22 and outrebounded them 51-38.  We used dribble penetration effectively to get to the line 16 more times than they did (28-12) and score inside with higher percentage shots.  We made 11 more free throws.

Vicky- 18 pts, 19 rebs, 4 assists, 2 blocks

Faith- 14 points, 7 rebs

Dorka- 11 pts

Atoe' and Jordan Doyle- 7 pts each

Tysia Manuel (8 pts, 5 rebs) and Jordan Gilbert (6 pts, 4 rebs) came off the bench and played well and contributed to the win.

I mention all of these players because this was a game when we had a nice scoring balance up and down the lineup.  It's something we'll need going forward.

South Dakota State next, tomorrow at 2:30.  Expect a big pro-Jacks crowd.

"Misti Cussen should be FIRED!!"

- Sincerely, JJONES :-D

Major props to the ladies for FAR exceeding expectations this year. 

Weren't they picked near the bottom in the preseason poll? 

Instead, they finished a convincing 3rd, garnered several post-season awards, and won their first-round tournament game handily - ON THE ROAD!

Misti really should have been voted Summit League Coach Of The Year this season:  ORU was the ONLY team among the top finishers in the conference that wasn't picked in the preseason to contend for the title.  The progress that ALL the players have made this season has been remarkable.

Going up against the Jackrabbits on Monday afternoon will be a tall order, but no matter how that game goes, congratulations to the ORU wmen's basketball players and coaches for a job VERY well done this season.  :clap:

• Upvote 3

CONGRATULATIONS to Misti Cussen and her team!!  Great game. I'm happy to see them moving forward after their 71-58 WIN.     

Nice win for the ORU ladies today vs. NDSU.....we will need a monster effort from McIntyre and the entire crew to even stay with SDSU tomorrow but let's enjoy this one tonight....Coach Cussen and her team have stepped up big since a certain poster ripped them about 5-6 weeks ago.....I love it..... :*

• Upvote 1

I think we were picked to finish 7th in the league. I'm so proud of these ladies! "Never say die!"

• Upvote 1