Vicky McIntyre's Road To ORU

ORUJason

Quite a path that Vicky's taken to get to where she is, thanks for sharing the link.  It takes a lot to be a student-athlete, to be expected to perform, to be almost like a machine, but it's easy to see from her story that emotions and the human psyche can be extremely fragile and play a huge part in everything that a person does, or in some cases, doesn't do.  Some athletes can turn it on and off.  For others, like Vicky, it can end up being a minute-to-minute, day-to-day struggle.  I'm glad that she's finding peace and is having fun playing basketball again.  She's done so much for us both on and off the court, leading by example, bringing it in practice as Misti has said and obviously on the court in games, and being a leader to the rest of the team.  We're very blessed to have her.

Great story....TheEagleman is very moved.....i remember that plane crash....so glad the Vicky has found peace at ORU....and she is a tremendous player.....who knows?...maybe she will lead us to the NCAA tournament???.... :nerd:

Well,

Great Story!  However, the path to ORU was through Crystal River where my wife and I were Pastors.  Great place and

maybe just maybe the water brought her to ORU.  Great place to raise a family. Congrats to Vicky and ORU staff for a

great ride.

Hope Jenni's doing good.  It's a shame that she didn't play as much as we thought she would last season, I know she had some injury issues that seemed to be pretty persistent.  Even when she played I don't think she was at her best due to them.  Maybe that's the reason she didn't return this season, I think she had one year of eligibility left if I'm not mistaken.

I enjoy hearing about what's been going on with our former players.  

What a great story - very happy that Vicky has found redemption at ORU in her final college season.

As for Bryan:  didn't she suffer another serious leg injury at the end of last season?

i thought i had pretty good redneck street cred growing up in small town Texas, but possum kicking????   Jenni has me straight up beat.  i never even heard of such an activity......don't let PETA find out about this. :lol:

in all seriousness i echo everyone else....nice article and happy for Vicky to have such a successful senior campaign.

Vicky is incredible. I hate it that she can only play for ORU for one year. But, I agree with all those above who said they're glad she has found some peace at ORU. There is a light in her eyes...

There aren't too many players who have "Hall of Fame" written on them after just one season, but if anyone does, it's Vicky. It's going to be a long 5 years while we wait for her induction.