Denver at ORU

BlueGold

The ladies win 65-44 over the Pioneers at the Mabee in a pretty thorough beatdown. 

It's pretty amazing that we thrashed them like we did after the terrible start we had.  In the first 6:41 we were 2-9 shooting, missed 4 layups and had 5 turnovers.  Thankfully, Denver was almost as terrible and only led 9-4, and then from that point on we shot 52%, including 61% in the second half.

Our defense was really good.  They were out of sorts all game against our man-to-man, and then we'd go and switch to a zone for a bit to frustrate their three-point shooters, and we were active in the passing lanes while pressuring the ball in the half court, which disrupted their offensive flow and resulted in 9 steals for us.  We held them to 25.5% shooting for the game.

Vicky with another great game- 26 points, 17 rebounds, 3 blocks.  And congratulations to her for breaking both the ORU and Summit League single-season rebounding records in the first half.  She now has 377 rebounds this season.  Amazing.

A great game for Atoe' Jackson, too.  A career-high 22 points and she was a warrior, playing all 40 minutes and being her usual aggressive in a good way "I'm going to the basket so try and stop me, and if you manage to I'll step back and hit a three in your face or a pull-up 16-footer" self.

A shout-out also goes to Jordii Gilbert, who's looking less and less like a freshman every game.  A strong 25 minutes from her today- 9 points, 5 rebounds, 3 steals, 2 assists, and hustle and more hustle and tenacious defending.  Love it.

It's been a strong bounce back the last 2 games after a couple of road losses.  First, last Wednesday, we win convincingly on the road at Omaha, and then today.  Plus, paybacks are nice.  Today's win is payback for our loss at Denver in early January. 

We're 12-12 overall, 6-5 in the Summit, and 10-1 at the Mabee.  We've got a couple more payback opportunities coming up next week, on Wednesday and Friday against NDSU and SDSU.  Would love to see the Mabee rocking in support.

Great win, Eagles!!

Great job, ladies....ORU is on a roll!.... :clap:

McIntyre wins her second consecutive POW award and fourth of the season for her record-breaking performances over the past week.

Of course, if I was an SDSU fan, I might go post that little tidbit on their fan forum, "you know, just to let them know in case they hadn't heard, not to brag or anything...".  |(

Don't look now, but if the ORU ladies' hold serve at home this week, they will likely be in 3rd place in the conference standings.