ORU at SDSU

BlueGold

SDSU 71, ORU 46

Another road loss.  Outhustled and outplayed by a team that wanted it way more.  We started strong and were up 15-4 after the first six minutes and then wham, we fell apart.  Outscored 36-7 in the rest of the first half.  Came out in the second and never made a serious run.  I saw very little energy in the final 20 minutes and frankly, it looked like they knew they were going to lose.  

It's hard enough to win on the road to begin with and you almost never will when you shoot 28% and turn the ball over 21 times.  

Vicky did what she could- 16 points, 20 rebounds, 9 blocks, played 37 minutes.  She was 6-11 shooting, the rest of the team 8-39.  Ugh.

South Dakota is waiting for us and I'm sure they're ready to avenge the 16-point loss we handed them back on Jan. 8th at the Mabee.  Tomorrow at 2pm.

Despite our road woes, this team is not terrible, we've shown we can be a good team when we share the ball and play with and for each other.  I'm hoping we can put it together against USD and get a road win tomorrow.

Go Eagles!

Both mens and womens basketball teams play poorly on the road most of the time....something isn't right....maybe both teams just aren't that good.....but this has been going on for a couple years now.....TheEagleman knows that it is always hard to win on the road in college basketball....but both teams are just terrible away from Mabee Center.... :sweat:

I'm hoping we can put it together against USD and get a road win tomorrow.

SDSU will be hoping for the same thing! Of course the Jacks have to first take care of NDSU in Brookings tomorrow. 

ORU did show potential last night. After the under 12 timeout the Jacks came out with a lot more urgency and it was over from there. ORU needs to have that 6'7 gal touch the ball every possession. If that happens they will be a tough out in Sioux Falls.