VB season is over

BlueGold

A disappointing end to the season for the ladies as they lose 3-1 (18-25, 25-21, 23-25, 17-25) to North Dakota State in the opening match of the Summit postseason tournament.  The team finishes 15-15 overall.

Laura Milos and Sara Pope had 14 kills each but we struggled with our attack, hitting only .197 as a team.

Sara's the only player we lose to graduation.  Three freshmen (Milos, Lucija Bojanjac and Shelby Cox) started all season and another, Maggie DiPronio, started for much of the season's second half.  Laura and Lucy were both Summit All Freshmen, Shelby played well in the middle and Maggie showed improved play at libero as the season went on, so if all of them return we have a nice foundation for the future. 

We've signed two high school All-Staters for next season- Bria Bergman from Victory Christian and Tori Roe from Lafayette HS near St. Louis. 

http://www.tulsaworld.com/blogs/sports/victory-christian-s-bria-bergman-signs-to-play-volleyball-at/article_911a45a1-4c84-5bd1-97e4-3af3abc8f990.html

http://www.oruathletics.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=87152&SPID=10336&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=17000&ATCLID=209764688

Hopefully we'll put in some good work in the spring and summer and come out strong in August when the new season begins.

with the success of this years freshman class, it appears Coach Sirola out-recruited some in the sophomore and junior classes.  they certainly have the base of young talent to build on.  i'm guessing they will be looking to add 1 or 2 more international players to that 2015 class BlueGold mentioned above.

here is an article i found on a 2016 commit from TX...LINK

Nice article, thanks for providing the link.  I'd seen a couple of tweets in September about her committing but this article provides more information than I already knew.

It'll be interesting to see what happens.  Will Coach Sirola bring in anyone else?  Is she content with the two we've signed for next season and in bringing everyone back that's currently on the roster?  Will our internationals return?  The early signing period is over so we'll have to wait and see how things shake out.  The spring signing period runs from April 15, 2015- August 1, 2015, but they'll start practicing in early July so the roster should be set a few weeks before then at the latest.