This may only be of interest to me, but . . .

tmh8286

. . . I feel like I gotta tell somebody! I found out last night that Ritch Price, long-time head baseball coach at the University of Kansas, used to be Richie Price, one of my high school classmates! Now, we went to HS in a small logging town in Oregon, so for him to reach such a prestigious spot in the coaching world is an amazing accomplishment, at least to me. Richie was a three-sport athlete, and I was a nerd, so we weren't exactly best friends, but in such a small HS like Sweet Home I did know him, and he was always a nice guy. His dad was vice principle of the HS. I really hadn't heard anything about him since we graduated, but at that time I knew he was going to be playing baseball on scholarship in college. I guess it paid off for him!

Glad to get that off my chest. I feel better now. I guess the reason it caught me by such surprise is that he's at a regional school of local interest - another westerner that migrated to the midwest. I've got quite a few patients that are Kansas grads - now I've got something new to talk about with them.

I have been to Sweet Home many times. I lived only 20 minutes from there for 4 years. Not exactly a metropolis but a nice little town.

I have been to Sweet Home many times. I lived only 20 minutes from there for 4 years. Not exactly a metropolis but a nice little town.

No kidding, Jason! I had no idea! Where did you live? Almost had to be either Brownsville or Lebanon - or one of the smaller bergs scattered around. When did you live out there?

Brownsville... From 77-81. Also a relative of Coach Cochell of ORU and OU baseball lore also lived in Brownsville and went to our little AG church. Small world...

And a relative of former ORU math professor Verbal Snook also lived in that little town of 1200 people.

Lest some of the hard cases on the board give us a hard time for discussing this on the board, I sent you a PM, Jason.  You might check it out.