ORU 2 IUPUI 1

theeagleman5

VICTORY AT LAST!!!...the ORU ladies hold on to defeat the Jaguars 2-1 at Case on a pair of goals by Ashley Martin and are now 2-7-1..... :clap: :clap: :clap:

Whoo hoo!  I watched most of the game before it froze then disconnected on the athletics website.  The ladies played pretty well.  They drove a lot of the possession into the final third and had a good amount of chances.  It was the most active I've seen them in a long time as a group in trying to push for shots and in being more offensive-minded.  It translated into the first goal, a converted penalty kick by Ashley Martin when a Jaguar was called for a hand ball in the box.  We also had 7 corner kicks, and that's the result of driving possession in the final third and crossing passes into the box.

I'm sure the ladies are relieved and thrilled to get that two-ton gorilla of not winning in a really long time off their backs.  Hopefully this win will give them some confidence as they get ready to go on a three-game road trip starting this Friday at Western Illinois.  Three games in six days will be tough.

Great win by the Eagles!! :clap: