Chris Crawford

orumbb_insider

good find insider.

younger brother of former UCA player Robert Crawford.

according to this link, he had offers from: ORU, Fresno, and Lehigh

I have seen him play and his speed changes the game. He gets steals and pushes the fast break due to his speed. He is also a nice shooter. I am definitely excited about this commitment.

• Upvote 1

Lehigh?....Crawford must be a smart kid....Lehigh is Princeton-like....you have to be an excellent student to even get it.... :nerd:

• 2 months later...

I attended the Victory-Metro Christian high school basketball game last night and thoroughly enjoyed watching Chris Crawford play. He had 3-4 steals in the first 4 minutes of the game and converted each steal to points. I don't know how many steals he ended up with but he is very quick both offensively and defensively. He can drive to the basket and he uses that to his advantage by driving and dishing to set up his teammates. He is a fairly unselfish player who gets a decent number of assists.

I could see him playing PG and being a threat to drive to the basket ala Ben Woodside from NDSU a few years back. He will need to get stronger but I suspect he will earn playing time as a freshman and will help open up the offense next year.

Gosh....that's good to hear...thanks for the update, Jason.... we need a PG so badly.....I hope this kid Crawford is the answer...... :nerd:

He didn't play in the 4th quarter because the game was well in hand. The first play of the game he stole the ball from the other PG and scored a layup. That happened several times.

However it is difficult to know how well that skill translates to the next level. He was clearly the best player on the floor last night, but he should be as a D1 type of player.

I'm sure Dederick Lee looked pretty awesome in high school as well. I'm not saying Crawford will start, because Scott Sutton rarely starts a freshman, but I definitely think he will earn playing time.

I'm definitely excited that he is signed on the dotted line. He looked to me to be about 6'1".

• 4 weeks later...

Owasso's Shake Milton, Victory Christian's Chris Crawford to clash in Tournament of Champions' semifinals;

Tulsa World article

(excerpt)

By BARRY LEWIS World Sports Writer 

Owasso’s Shake Milton and Victory Christian’s Chris Crawford are regarded by many as the Tulsa metro’s top two high school boys basketball players, and they will meet in the Tournament of Champions’ semifinals Tuesday night after impressive quarterfinal performances.

Milton, a SMU signee, scored 50 points to lift Class 6A No. 5 Owasso past Class A No. 1 Glencoe 93-73 on Monday night at the Memorial Veterans Arena.

In the previous game, Crawford, an Oral Roberts signee, had 33 points to propel 4A No. 1 Victory Christian past 3A No. 6 Tahlequah Sequoyah 80-40.

That sets up a semifinal matchup between Owasso and Victory at 7 p.m. at the Mabee Center..............

• Upvote 1

Can we fly him to Detroit tonight?.... :|

Owasso knocks off Victory Christian to reach T of C finals

Milton scores 42 as Rams advance to final; Crawford has 34 in loss.

By BARRY LEWIS World Sports Writer 

Posted: Wednesday, December 31, 2014 12:00 am

(excerpt)

The Owasso Rams had a slow first half against Victory Christian that turned into a raging overtime battle in their semi-final game of the Tournament of Champions, held at the Mabee Center on the Oral Roberts University campus in Tulsa, OK, Dec. 30, 2014.

The much-anticipated only matchup this season between Owasso’s Shake Milton and Victory Christian’s Chris Crawford more than lived up to the high expectations Tuesday night.

Crawford scored 34 points, but it wasn’t enough as Milton had 42, including nine in overtime, to help Class 6A No. 4 Owasso edge 4A No. 1 Victory Christian 83-79 in the 50th Tournament of Champions’ boys semifinals at Mabee Center....

Link to story

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...