Schedule and Roster are posted...

ORUalum

Thanks for the heads up ORUalum.

Any idea why we no longer get California/Arizona Juco players? Did Rob Walton and Sunny Golloway have connections there? I always feel like it is a bad sign when so many of our players are straight from Oklahoma high schools.

Any idea why we no longer get California/Arizona Juco players? Did Rob Walton and Sunny Golloway have connections there? I always feel like it is a bad sign when so many of our players are straight from Oklahoma high schools.

no idea why the move away from the California JUCO pipeline that ORU had for so long.  i think it started the last couple recruiting classes under Walton.  i think it's been 4 or 5 years since they have had the 10 day road trip to to Cali with 2 weekend series and a couple of mid week games.  this was an annual trip to reward all the California players and their families.  someone in the know can tell us if it's a change in philosophy or a change in recruiting and travel budgets.  time will tell if ORU can win with a team comprised mostly of OK Juco and HS players.  i saw that ORU is sponsoring/coaching a high school summer league team the "Titans."  i'm sure this provides the coaches a chance to see the best high school talent in the region.

Interesting schedule especially with a lot of home games in the first two months....our first 3 Summit League series are at home.....then a lot of road games in the final month.....getting off to a good start will be crucial to having a successful season for this 2014-15 Golden Eagle squad..... :nerd:

Although we have some good quality opponents on this year's schedule (DBU, OU, OSU, MSU and Wichita State), I miss the series with Baylor, Rice, Arizona/Arizona State, the California schools and Miami, FL.  Our conference will pull our RPI down low enough, so if we don't have success against our regional peers, we are destined to a #4 seed (if we win the conference tournament) against a national #1 seed.

IMHO, it's imperative that we regain our mo-jo this season and turnaround a perceived downturn in one of our marquis sports.  We have had a lot of success in baseball over the many years and the expectation is that we will excel in this sport.  Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing us play again during the first weekend of June and beyond.