Jose Trevino Update

TrueBlue82

Perhaps more impressive than Jose's recent hot streak is how he is already adored by the Rangers, their fans, and the local media. 

His good-guy reputation precedes him; everyone down there seems to be pulling for him to succeed.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I’m taking my 13 year old to this. We go to this place for bp and indoor instruction when the weather is bad. Jose also does a 4 week catchers clinic at this place. I’ll let y’all know how it goes. 

E2D17A00-5990-4C8B-A41B-456400B30CA9.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I want to fill you guys in on the BP Session Jose participated in.

Let me start by saying that Jose is a genuinely good dude.  There were about 20 teenage boys at this event.  Jose hung out with them like he was one of the kids.  If you didn't know who he was you would have thought he was either a really mature looking HS senior or one of the instructors.  He took bp with the boys, waiting line with them and talking with them while they waited.  He made a point to talk to every kid.  Other times he was just hanging out with three or four of them talking and goofing around.  He also threw bp.  He was totally cool, complementing the boys on their hits and giving them some tips and coaching.

At one point he was waiting his turn with my son Gabriel.  He put his arm around Gabriel asked him his age, favorite position, stuff like that.  He hit right before Gabriel.  After he got out out of the cage he was standing on the other side of the net while Gabriel hit.  Gabriel launched the first pitch and Jose let out a yell and said "Way to go Gabriel."  My kid felt like he was ten feet tall.

After bp was over, Jose signed balls for each kids and we got a photo op.  Uncharacteristically, Gabriel was one of the first kids in line so I didn't get a chance to get a picture of them together.  So we waited until all the kids got a signed ball and went back up there so I could get a picture.  I introduced myself to Jose and told him I was ORU class of 83.  We talked a little bit about ORU.  He told me he's going up in a couple of weeks for the hall of fame.  I congratulated him and thanked him for representing our school so well.  As we were done Jose said "Hey Gabriel stick around I've got something for you."  After everyone got their pics and such Jose called Gabriel over and gave him his bat!  Gabriel thought he was just letting him hold it and Jose said "That's your new bat.  Its your bat now."  Gabriel went nuts.  He didn't say anything about ORU but since he only gave a bat to Gabriel we think that's the connection.  Whatever the reason, my kid was over the moon.  I don't think he slept Thursday night.

IMG_0904.JPG

IMG_0912.JPG

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Jose got the opening day start for the Rangers and is currently 2 for 4!

Unfortunately the Rangers' pitching is terrible (hope Jose doesn't catch any of the blame for that - there's only so much a catcher can do), and the Royals lead 13-9 in the 7th.

Opening day fun stat: Rangers' starter Kyle Gibson went 1/3 of an inning and gave up 5 earned runs, so he's currently sporting an ERA of 135.00.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 4/5/2021 at 6:22 PM, ORUalum said:

My youngest son and I were at the game. Our seats were on the third base line in the outfield. We had a great view of that play. Very impressive. 

Jose went 2-4 yesterday as the Rangers won 2-1 and improved to 3-3 on the year. It's very early, but Jose is now batting .412!

Okay, this is worth an update. Jose is hitting cleanup for the Rangers tonight! They lead the Rays 5-2 after 4 innings, and Jose is 2-2 with a run scored, raising his average to .429 on the season.

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

TheEagleman has cast his vote for Jose....i was sent an email by MLB.com and it took under 60 seconds......:shield-logo:

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Trevino caught a shutout last night and put on a framing masterclass....that will win him friends on the staff no doubt

• Like 3