College Sports Madness Top 144 Teams 2014-15

Old Titan

Stephen F. Austin checks in at No. 97; projected to repeat as Southland champs:

No. 97  Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks

Safe to say Southland POY Jacob Parker of Bixby is the worst "miss" of the Sutton era?  The guy came to ORU summer basketball camps, but was never offered...

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Old Titan

• theeagleman5

• ORUalum

• Hammersmith

Geez....how did we miss that guy?...... :|

I am guessing that Jacob Parker didn't want to cut his hair to comply with the dress code....

He doesn't look any worse than Domo who got away with his doo for four years....apparently exceptions can be made..... :nerd:

There is not much of a dress code or hair code left, I doubt that will be much of a recruiting issue moving forward.

That could have saved TheEagleman a ton of hassle back in the 70s.....i was always running afoul of Jack Wallace and Bill Techanchuk..... :nerd:

So we are also behind Columbia, Georgia State, Northeastern........ouch!.....maybe this is a good thing....ORU is not gonna be well respected this season...maybe the guys can jump up and surprise some teams early...... :eagles:

So we are also behind Columbia, Georgia State, Northeastern........ouch!.....maybe this is a good thing....ORU is not gonna be well respected this season...maybe the guys can jump up and surprise some teams early...... :eagles:

Why WOULDN'T ORU be ranked below these teams?

What did ORU do last year to warrant any kind of preseason love this year?

Uh.....yeah....not much........we are certainly down somewhere in the 150-200 range ranking/RPI-wise.......although if we can get a few early wins ORU's RPI should be helped by our Nov-Dec strength of schedule and we could be in the top 100 .....still, OT is right.....ORU is certainly not deserving of a ranking higher than 144 at the start of the season.....we were very mediocre and not very exciting to watch during 2013-14....it's just hard to see us ranked below some of these squads that we used to be a lot better than.... :|

• 3 weeks later...

found this nugget.....according to twitter, this is the Summit League projection from the SportingNews' basketball preiew (i could not find it on their website to verify):

@NathanGiese here's the list pic.twitter.com/ZRHUyiaO4b

— The Junkies (@The__Junkies)

September 1, 2014

they also stated Obi is their pick for POY.

i'm still not convinced ORU can win the league after last season's perfomance.  i'd be ecstatic if ORU finished in the top three in the first year back.  lack of experience at PG really has me worried.  i wonder if Coach Sutton will move Korey to point if the PGs struggle early in the season.

TheEagleman agrees that no way ORU should be favored over Denver based on last years' performance....can't see ORU being any better than 3rd or 4th right now....but I am willing to be proven wrong.... :nerd:

Your link is an infinite loop to this same forum topic - here's the actual link to the Denver profile:  No. 77  Denver

Sorry about that. Must have been a bit too quick on my copy and paste and grabbed the address from the wrong window. I'll fix the original post.

• 1 month later...

Time to catch up on this thread - ORU plays the Ragin' Cajuns in Las Vegas at the MGM Grand:

#73 Louisiana-Lafayette

Joel Welser at CollegeSportsMadness.com picks UL-L to return to the NCAA tournament as Sun Belt champions, and projects star forward Shawn Long to be an NBA first-rounder.

Another preseason pick to win their conference:

#60 New Mexico State

Sure, the Aggies lost 7'5" Sim Bhullar to the NBA, but they've replaced him with "little" brother Tanveer, who is merely 7'3".  Add him to returning 6'10" starter Tshildidze Nephawe, and it's easy to see that ORU will have their hands full underneath when the defending WAC champions visit the Mabee Center on Dec. 13th.