Prayer

theeagleman5

Hey Guys....I appreciate all of you guys out there even when we disagree...it's all good and in fun...Thanks for putting up with TheEagleman and his goofy ways.....but I just wanted to put this out there this morning because TheEagleman is hurting and in shock this morning....within the past 72 hours my pastor and friend has had to resign because of an inappropriate relationship with a woman in the church....I know that this kind of thing is more common than we want to think about but this has come as a complete shock to me and everyone who has known this man....he as been on the pastoral staff for 23 years with a spotless record...a real man of God who has helped and counselled me thru some difficult life situations....I have been attending this church for about 6 yrs and have been in bible studies and accountability groups with him....he has always been open and is just a kindhearted man who shares my love of sports.....obviously, something has gone wrong in his life and this whole situation is just a reminder that we all need to guard our hearts from the attacks of Satan because if THIS GUY can fall....well, any of us could....I understand that our faith should never be in the hearts of men but only in the Lord...but i just am really hurting today.....I have gone thru the sin of infidelity in my own life and i understand the hurt it causes on both sides....there have been times in my own life where i have done what Pastor Chris has done in my heart.....thank God for his saving grace....that's all I can say.....so if you guys could just say a short prayer for my friend Chris, his wife and family (he has a sweetheart of a wife and 3 lovely daughters)....also for Grace Point Church in PA  that we will be a forgiving body and bring this man and the other family involved to restoration.....obviously, his 23 yr career with our church is finished....but he is a good man and I pray that God will use him in some other ministry in the future.....I am hurting for my friend and his family.....this is a hard day....makes sports seem rather trivial...we need to pray for all of our pastors and all of our marriages...this is the 3rd pastor that i have personally known in the past 5-6 yrs that has fallen to sexual sin......thanks everyone for your prayers!.... ;(

• Upvote 1

very sad story eagleman. it seems we have heard more of these stories of pastors stumbling in the last few years...not sure if it's a trend or just a result of more media.  praying for healing and restoration for all involved.

Tough situation.  Thanks for the reminder to be vigilant and remember what is really important.  I will pray.

Same here. You all have my prayers.

Thanks, Guys....Sunday was a tough day....morning services were spent with talks by the associate pastors and our Elder Chairman.....it was very emotional as can be expected....nothing was said about the other family but apparently our pastor was involved with a member of the Worship team.....so it's a double blow....then at night Pastor Chris addressed the congregation with his wife at his side...his apology was sincere and repentant....he received a standing ovation prior to speaking and he was obviously moved....he and his wife will work thru this and stay together....our elders have pledged to work with him thru the restoration process....this will not go away overnight but our church will surely survive...God is the head not Pastor Chris.....still this has been a hard pill to swallow.....but God is powerful and this situation did not come as a shock to Him.....thanks again everyone for your prayers for Grace Point Church in Newtown, PA.....

• 4 months later...

TheEagleman needs to ask for your fervent prayers again.....yesterday afternoon, Mrs. Eagleman was rushed to the hospital after blacking out, getting blurred vision and weakness in her arm.....she is being treated for a possible TIA but they are still testing and not sure what happened yet.....she is only 52 and always in good health at 5'1" and only 110 pounds....this is really a shocker for me.....I am heading back to the hospital today after a long night last evening....thanks again for your thoughts and prayers!....God is in control!!!....

Praying for you and the Mrs. this morning, Eagleman. May God's grace and strength be with you, your wife and the Dr.

"For with God nothing is impossible." -Luke 1:37

Prayers said for you and the Mrs.  Thank you Lord for a miracle healing for the Mrs. and for peace for everyone.  Thank you also Lord for directing the medical providers in what/how to do.  In Jesus Name, Amen!  Keep us posted Eagleman.

Thank you for sharing with us about your wife. I am praying for her and believing for the best!

Thank you all....despite a lot of my irreverent sports banter...TheEagleman always has tried to be a good family man.....just got home from the hospital where my wife underwent a cat scan, echo cardiogram and a spinal tap today....no results except her cat scan was normal so it does not appear that she had a stroke but still not ruled out because of the family history....she will have an MRI of the head in the AM......she has a history of viral meningitis and I suspect that this could very well be a reoccurrence of that because her symptoms are very similar to the last time....and I fear that she has not been taking her required meds as directed....she can be a stubborn person......she is still weak and very tired.....but we should know more tomorrow when results of the spinal tap and MRI are in.....I truly appreciate the prayer and concern of my faithful ORU brethren.....my wife is a wonderful Christian lady who gives and gives but sometimes she runs herself ragged.....if it is meningitis it could have been brought on by a lot of recent stress in her family and her job....so I will keep you guys posted....love you all..... :inlove:

• Upvote 1

Thanks again to everyone for your prayers and concern....my wifes' condition has stabilized.....she is getting a lot of medication and is still very weak....she will be in the hospital for several more days I am sure....they are still doing tests to make 100% sure that she didnt have a stroke or TIA but it seems not.......

MrsEagleman was looking a lot better today and was a little more talkative....she's being treating for an apparent case of viral meningitis.....they still need to do another MRI and she has a lot of head and neck pain from the spinal tap done a few days ago....her recovery will be slow but hopefully she can come home in a few more days....THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR PRAYERS!.... :clap:

My wife is still in the hospital and having her ups and downs....good days and not so good days.....it's a difficult recovery process and she is still very weak because she cannot keep any food down.....heading back to the hospital now....it's been a difficult week....thanks for your continued prayers.