JUCO PG?

ORUalum

Disappointed in these losses for the reasons stated. Kind of surprised about the two mentioned today.

We just got a lot shorter.

This:  lost two front-liners, got a commitment from another 5'-10" guard.

Wrong direction, vertically speaking...

sorry to hear that. i had a feeling about DJ when he lost his job to Singleton. i hope it was his decision and not that he was eased out. if he was eased out, i hope he will take over Jake's role as student assistant so he can finish his degree. he's 3 yrs in and already used his red-shirt....there can't be many playing options other than stepping down to NAIA or DII.

Doesn't he still have 2 years? Sit one out and then head to UMKC/home?

Jackson sat out his first year (red shirt) and thus would only have one year remaining after sitting out a transfer year - if he attends another D-1 school.

I'm going with the theory that the plan is for Owens to play right away and a lot.....thus not leaving much playing time for Jordan.....seems like a nice young man and I hope the best for him.....as for DJ I think back to his quote after the Tulsa win, and how things can change in just a matter of months.....I hope the best for him as well

Feel sick every time I think about us losing Kaufman. We basically got him to the stage in his career when he should start thriving and he's gone? Ugh.

Kaufman should have seen more minutes. From a statistical perspective, he was one of our most efficient offensive players. I don't think we did enough to get him the ball when he was on the floor. Not sure if that was the players or the coaches. Our point guards would not/could not make a low post entry pass.

I'm going with the theory that the plan is for Owens to play right away and a lot.....thus not leaving much playing time for Jordan.....seems like a nice young man and I hope the best for him.....as for DJ I think back to his quote after the Tulsa win, and how things can change in just a matter of months.....I hope the best for him as well

I've thought the same thing. His words made a lot of us happy. What caused him to become disillusioned over the intervening months? I hope that if he leaves ORU it isn't with hard feelings - although if there weren't at least some of those he probably wouldn't be leaving.

Yes Kaufman should have played more. Also DJ would have probably been the starting PG so that seems surprising to me.

I have to think that both of them drove this decision and not the coaches. Both of them contribute too much to the team. Although the new recruits might be very capable, we can't expect them to contribute immediately.

• Upvote 1

The interesting thing is that I thought one or two other guys were much more likely to leave....

anything further on these three names? confirmation of any kind?  i'm still holding out hope that DJ will be back.  the other two kind of make sense, but for a guy who has started a good chunk of his career and has already used his red-shirt to leave makes no sense.

Spring signing period starts on April 16. If we sign several players, that could be a signal. Of course, players can change their minds and decide it is in their best interest to stay. Unless an anouncement is made, we may not be certain until school starts in August. Of course, we are really certain about our roster until (or sometimes after) the Fall semester begins.

I asked one of my boys that's on campus and he mentioned the same three names.  Of course, that's not official, but IS a form of confirmation.

with less than a week until signing day, it will be interesting to see what happens.

1. Albert Owens (signed)

2. Aaron Young (verbal)

what will the coaches do with those last 2 scholarships?   the coaches always seem to have a surprise on signing day or during the summer.  will they bring in  high school players, JUCOs, or even a couple of transfers and try to load up for Obi and Korey's senior season of 2015-16?